Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

There were times when Spurs were playing a high defensive line and all 20 outfield players were in the middle third of the pitch. However, not once did we play a chipped pass into the space behind for midfield runners to latch on to.

Agree to a point (especially about the back probs, would give anything for a miracle cure right now), but I don't think we were that much off the pace and it's the media hype that sows the seeds. I try to disregard the post match hype because it all centres on a few seconds - a missed shot here, a goal conceded there - is all it takes for the media to make the difference between them saying something like "superb performance that you'd expect from the champions" to "masterplan from Kane" and so on.

In otherwords, without really changing anything on another day we'd have scored 2 more and they'd have scored 2 less. The way we play is always going to be vulnerable to the counter attack and the teams with better strikers are more likely to take advantage, so we're bound to lose the odd one here and there.

Again the media are hyping up the "title race back on" theme but it was never off, certainly not unless they think it's all down to one result. While we probably can't afford too many slip ups, I don't see Liverpool going through the rest of the season with a 100% record so I'm not overly concerned. Fact remains that to win the title, they still have to win their game in hand, beat us at the Etihad, match every other result we get, and better our goal difference. Not impossible but you'd be mad to take the bet.
If Liverpool win every remaining game that'd be 18 on the bounce. In my opinion any team that wins 18 in a row deserves the title, and they could do that and still lose on goal difference. Liverpool have still got a few draws in them. One draw and all of a suddent we are back to 5. We can lose one more game and still have it in our own hands. Title race is on, though. Some proper big games at our place. This is what we pay out money to see. I'm well up for it now the disappointment from the weekend has faded a bit.

Last edited:
We scored 2 goals and had a shit load of chances

The attack wasn't a problem, other than maybe trying too hard and giving the ball away for counters

He needs to read the riot act to that defence and midfield

lightyears away from the control we had last season and in the run up to Christmas

not having the players are tired either hardly played since Christmas period finished.

Actually think we missed Grealish alot, would have calmed things down

Flogging it a bit here but relying on physiques let alone lack of #9 skillsets the likes Bernie, Foden, Raz, Mahrez, Gundo, and Jesus have making runs or even occasionally being present in the box isn't worrying any semi competent defender. I'd like Delap to get a shot from the start in a game we're more heavily favored just to see the difference having a strong tall player up top would do to unlocking or at least unblocking defenses who are now forcing us to thread needles... Yes, we have plenty of adept threaders but on a day like the one v. Spurs... we left our specs at home.

Agree that Delap should have played part at some stage, especially with the crosses count being so high. The best hope for most crosses was that they would by-pass almost everyone and Bernardo comes in sniffing late to ghost one in-off. It got to a stage in the last 10 minutes where I wish Pep would have brought Stones on and played him upfront to cause some mayhem and distraction and nod a few in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.