Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Does anyone know if the match programme is available online, or for any other previous matches? Tried looking on the app but no success.

Because we are hitting the run in, have a delicate balance core of 16 or 17 senior pros that joined us to play on CL nights, need to keep their match fitness, and wouldn't be very happy having kids chucked on in their place, and that it wouldn't chime with the message that we still have a professional job to do in the return tie.
So when do we play the kids? The senior pros who joined to play in the CL will want to play until we're knocked out. And playing kids when 4 up in the first leg doesn't mean we won't go strong for the second leg.
If we're still in with a chance of winning the Prem and go strong (whatever the score) in each game then there's no room for the kids. And if we stay in the CL we can't play kids in the Prem whether we've won it or lost it as we want to keep the senior pros happy.
It seems to me the only times to give any youngsters a chance (other than due to injuries to senior players) is either after we win the PL if we're out of Europe, or if we can't win the Prem but are guaranteed a top four place.

I don't think Pep ever puts a youth player on when we are chasing a game. I imagine he thinks it's unfair pressure on them if they don't do well.
Didn’t he randomly Chuck delap on for his premier league debut when we were drawing 1-1 with Leicester before it turned into a 2-5 thumping last season

Didn’t he randomly Chuck delap on for his premier league debut when we were drawing 1-1 with Leicester before it turned into a 2-5 thumping last season
Maybe that's why he's reticent to do it again! Not that you could blame Delap for that defeat, of course. I think having a back four with Garcia and Mendy in it was the bigger issue.

What point did Kane have to prove, we bid over £100m for him so not proving to us.
  • To the many doubting his form this season and wondering if he’s getting “old” and broken down
  • To City for not bidding more to show what we are “missing”
  • To Levy (as was stated on the Football Weekly pod on Monday) and Spurs fans for not letting him go in combination of showing City what we could have

10 points dropped to Spurs and Southampton makes me glad Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea and Sheff U went down. And Celtic got papped out of the champions league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.