Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Laporte and Dias never look comfortable together but we usually get away with it. Pick Stones and then decide which of those two to play with him

Foden looks like he's more interested in tattoos and beers with Grealish at the moment. Spell in the reserves would do wonders for his ego.

Cancelo either needs to defend occasionally or we need a system that covers for him.

They only left their box 4 times and scored each time. Next two games, teams will look to do the same and have the pace to hurt us. Spurs didn't even have pace and didn't need it to find the gaps.

Rodri - we were in the blue shirts, lad.

Bad day at the back. Ederson saved the only one he could, but from there we looked ragged.

Walker: AKWAYS tries to body the attacker. Kane just too good for him on the 3rd goal. Pathetic defending.

Cancelo: Gave the ball away too much trying to thread the needle and gave up on the second. Kane comes in behind Laporte and Cancelo let’s him go. Not a great defender, but an excellent player.

Dias & Rodri: Poor in first half, better in second half.

Dias: Poor defensive header that could have easily gone back to Ederson, especially if he’d left it to Walker. Whether Walker called or not, who knows?!

Midfield players played attack all game, which made Spurs’ quick transitions so dangerous. Thought KDB was immense. Fought for everything and played angry, but just no room for the killer pass. Gundo was SO unfortunate with his top bins shot. Lloris will not make a better save this season. Rodri perked up in second half after being very wasteful in first half.

Forwards did what they could with little to no room to maneuver.

Thought the game was crying out for Delap in the last 10 minutes, given we were just pumping the ball in and have apparently decided that no matter how congested the box, we aren’t going to have a crack from the edge of the box!

Next two PL games are doozies!!

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko
Bernardo Rodri Gundogan
Sterling Jesus Foden

That's our best team. It means leaving out some top individuals, but tough shit. Title race is back on (it was never really off).

Zinchenko is not a patch on Cancelo as a player and KDB wins us many matches with his individual brilliance alone, not forgetting how his work rate sets the tone for those around him. To play Jesus over him is completely illogical, and I like him as a player.

Would’ve been nice to win the league but we might need to focus on europe now
I think it always has this season. The players comments indicate they really want revenge for the final last year. Just think this seasons focus is all about the CL from players, manager and club alike. If it is you can understand that it’s the one the club and players want.

I can’t think of a single reason why you wouldn’t bring on Delap for Foden when you’re spending the last 20 minutes lumping crosses into the box.
Same reason he took Sterling off. Worried about poor touches that could cause counter attacks. Sterling gave away 2 counters with bad touches in the half space. Pep has already publicly said Delap has issues with his first touch.
I don’t agree with it but I think that’s why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.