Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what the team is as long as Stones/Bravo are both dropped & KDB, Gabriel, Sane & Raheem are all starting.

Spurs are in decent form but they're by no means unbeatable. They've got a lot of pace with full backs and power in the middle. I don't see them as being that dangerous on the counter though. They're better with looking to get the ball wide to full backs and crossing for Kane/Alli with Eriksen finding pockets of space.

We'll have been given a pasting by Pep and Jesus' arrival will be a huge boost. We should throw in Sane as well who I think was looking excellent before his injury. I'd go 3 at the back. Kompany (if fit), Stones, Otamendi, Sane & Sagna/Sterling at wing back, Yaya and Fernando/Delph in the centre with De Bruyne/Silva, Jesus and Aguero up top.

Then you do clearly care what the team is :) Hope jesus lives up to the expectations on his young shoulders
I would imagine hes going to be erratic. Look at tranny, no one can dispute his ability, but he was very inconsistent in his first year or two before he turned in to the player he is.

Mark my words, we will win and win this game handsomely, just like against Barcelona.

We've our backs against the wall at the moment, but tomorrow is the day we retaliate and retaliate with style and swagger, which will make the other top 6 sides reach for the bog roll.
Class post, sock it to em :-)

Mark my words, we will win and win this game handsomely, just like against Barcelona.

We've our backs against the wall at the moment, but tomorrow is the day we retaliate and retaliate with style and swagger, which will make the other top 6 sides reach for the bog roll.

I will mark your words. Personally, I see two scenarios: dry, or with lube. Hope I'm wrong, since in either case I (we) will be the passive recipient. And I'm all for broadening my horizons, etc., but not just tomorrow, if poss, thanks.

Sniff sniff? Way too positive for a City fan... ;-)

I'd go and try something totally different, if it was down to me.

I'd use a 3-4-3/3-6-1 type of shape and match them up. Go toe to toe. Reactive to the 2nd balls and win your battles.

Bravo

Kompany
Stones
Otamendi
Toure
Fernando
Silva
De Bruyne
Sane
Sterling
Jesus

Pace up front. Hassle their back 3. Press them high.

From the brief highlights I've seen of Jesus he doesn't come across to me as a striker. Great finisher, but not a striker. He picks the ball up deep and runs at players. Great dribbler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.