Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
.........,........Bravo...............
Sagna...Ota... Stones... Clichy
...................Yaya.....................
......... DeBryune.......Silva.........
Sterling..........................Sane.....
.................... Aguero...............

Your basic 433
That team against the teams that sit deep is ideal. Against Spurs we will get battered they are so strong in Midfield and I am not sure if YAYA, KDB and Silva can make a tackle between them. There is also a serious lack of pace in the centre. All the goals against Everton were scored from Clichy's side and some of that was down to poor positional play from KDB in helping out. I wouldn't be surprised if Fernando plays and Aguero is dropped as he doing little to help the team at the moment

Form what I've seen so far, Pep is not different from Pellegrini, except one thing: he's thrown the towel for the title in January, whereas Pellegrini was always counting the number of points left before the end.

Trouble is Spurs are probably the most well balanced side we've faced yet. Yes we played well against Chelsea Tottenham do not have weakness I just can't see how were going to win or even draw this game. Pep will do his best to come up with a plan but we just don't have enough quality or steel to handle the spurs press and fluid football. Fernandinho has really fucked it up for us.

The only weakness Spurs had was a lack of quality wingers but he's gone to a back 5 with wingbacks and that's eradicated that!

We should play like the away side, soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter.
Worked well v Barcelona!

Hello all - new to the forum. Think it will very similar to the Leicester home game last season, with us being overrun by their strong and powerful midfield. 1-3.

Two options for me:

1) Full steam ahead, same again, hope its a Barca rather than a Leicester/Everton. Toure in a 2 man midfield. Blind hope that our system works. (Bold prediction: it won't).

2) Play 20 yards deeper, play Kompany and Ottamendi. Sagna right back. Left-back is a disaster whoever plays. Fernando, Toure, Silva right in the middle. Sterling, Sane wide and KDB though the middle. Play patiently. Don't concede in first two minutes. Compete in midfield. Play deep and compact. Attack when there is space. Play direct and keep players behind the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.