Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------------Willy-------------------
Stones----Otamendi---Kompany---Delph
--------------Garcia-----Yaya---------------
Sterling------------KDB-------------Sane
----------------------Jesus-----------------

Stones and Delph to play as inverted fullbacks and really dominate the midfield..
That's what I'd do.
CTID
Can no way see Jesus being asked to lead the line on his debut. In fact, I don't think he will start, but may feature later on in the game

First and foremost keep a clean sheet in this game, a draw is not a bad thing.

Play them on the counter by soaking some pressure and letting them have some possession.

Free up the front 3/4 to do some damage, fill it with pace. I'd be tempted to drop Sergio and go for a front three of sane, sterling and nolito with kev, dav & fernando behind.

Can't see why you'd drop Sergio to play with pace upfront but then put Nolito there?

Let's cut out the personal arguments please, and keep it civil. Also, there's a separate thread for discussing Bravo specifically. Cheers.

This footballing side most seem to be shivering in their boots for went down twice to Monaco In CL and has only 4 away wins so far in PL.

After we thrash them Everton game would seem like a bad dream. :)

I believe Kane missed majority of the CL games and also Spurs had lot of injuries. Spurs may have just 4 away wins in PL so far, but they have lost only 4 away games since Aug2015.

What matters is their current form, not the form when key players were injured. As things stand, Kane is on fire, so is Alli & Eriksen and their back5 is brilliant. Add to this strength of Wanyama & Dembele. Only chink is at LCB. But not sure Vertonghen will be missed, given Wimmer played alright in Spurs win last year.

I agree that we need to support our players and it makes my blood boil when i hear people around me shouting shit at Bravo. Even heard one bloke from 115 on about row B shout 'Bravo you're a c**t!!!!!' when he was collecting a ball behind the SS goal. I despair i really do at times.

However, Bravo is clearly having a shocker at City so far. I know he was decent at Barca and highly rated, but there is no covering up he has been very poor at City and that is effecting the team. If we see it, then the players feel it 100 times worse i imagine, which considering our defensive frailties is clearly a huge problem. I will back any City player on the pitch, but unless he suddenly starts to settle in and do what he's done for Barca and Chile, then things will get far worse in the media and our own fans very quickly. Its creating a very unhealthy atmosphere in the ground and on the pitch and maybe (maybe) putting Willy in would relieve some of that tension.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but an argument could be made for anywhere. Our missing sitters is bound to affect the team, for example. Our defensive errors, which we make a lot, is bound to affect the team.

Bravo's been poor so far, but there's precedent to suggest that he won't continue to be that way. Meanwhile there's precedent to suggest Willy won't be much better, if at all, even temporarily.

It's clear, regardless, Pep will cast his lot with Bravo and it's about time all the blame was not put at his door. It's KDBs fault we lost to Chelsea. We missed two pens the first outing against Everton. We didn't take a multitude of clear cut chances last Sunday and you could see the heads go down.

The team isn't good enough. The team. Not just Bravo.

If Cabllero is the answer then we are in trouble. This guy gets better with every game he doesn't play. Keep Bravo in, he keeps the ball well and dropping him could damage his confidence

Same team that played V Chelsea, with the same attitude and intensity and we can do this. We are playing Spurs, not Real Madrid. They are only 3 points ahead and have had to break club records to do it, they are not invincible

----------------------Willy-------------------
Stones----Otamendi---Kompany---Delph
--------------Garcia-----Yaya---------------
Sterling------------KDB-------------Sane
----------------------Jesus-----------------

Stones and Delph to play as inverted fullbacks and really dominate the midfield..
That's what I'd do.
CTID

The whole point of inverted fullbacks is that during possession they are in the middle and when defending they are fullbacks.

So you want to put Delph and Stones at fullback, against a team who primarily attacks through Walker and Rose down the wing? You think that would be a good strategy, to have their biggest strength up against Delph and Stones in positions they've never played for us before?

Your midfield would get completely obliterated, putting Yaya and Garcia against the most physical midfield in the league in Wanyama, Dembele, and neither of them are quick enough or defensively switched on enough to track Alli either.

And finally you've thrown a 19 year old up front on his own for his first ever game against the best defence in the league, and probably it's best CB in Alderweireld.

I hope you're not Pep.

But having exclusively watched City play isn't the same as having watched Bravo play in general.

The bloke has won la ligas, champions league, Copa America.

If you're prepared to judge a player purely on 4 months it's not exactly hard to get the wrong impression.

Neither will the Whistling Wanker. It's become a given these days that if our midfield get amongst the opposition and start dealing out what we're having to take, the red card appears. I understand what your saying, but too many refs this season have declared open season on our players and allowed opposition midfields and defences the freedom of the pitch.
I agree the refs have been totel dross mate, worst part is the players have realised it. Aguero and Fernandinho red cards against Chelsea came out of pure frustration from the ref. Sagna with his comments about 10 V 12. Not giving any excuses but it's like the players know they can't put a foot in without getting punished. The tackle Fernandinho did against Burnley De Jong did week in week out and was celebrated like a goal by the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.