Spurs (H) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season we got knocked out of the CL and our next match was against Spurs away. Won 1-3 with an excellent performance, so I don’t think Saturday will be a huge problem for the chaps to be up for. They do beat Spuds most of the time and there’s no reason why that shouldn't happen this week.
Not only that but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a much changed Spurs team as Pochettino must surely be prioritising winning the CL over finishing top 4? They might never get a better chance to win it than they have this season, given what’s left in the competition.
Also, contrary to what many people seem to think, we did win the game on Wednesday and a repeat of that will do just fine. I’m well and truly over Wednesday and can’t wait for tomorrow’s game.

Last edited:
Last season we got knocked out of the CL and our next match was against Spurs away. Won 1-3 with an excellent performance, so I don’t think Saturday will be a huge problem for the chaps to be up for. They do beat Spuds most of the time and there’s no reason why that shouldn't happen this week.
Not only that but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a much changed Spurs team as Pochettino must surely be prioritising winning the CL over finishing top 4?They might never get a better chance to win it than they have this season, given what’s left in the competition.
Also, contrary to what many people seem to think, we did win the game on Wednesday and a repeat of that will do just fine. I’m well and truly over Wednesday and can’t wait for tomorrow’s game.
When you look at Spurs remaining fixtures, apart from City, they have relatively easier run in than the teams below them, and the added bonus of after tomorrow, 3 out of 4 are at WHL
Like you say, Champions league final is well within their grasp, so I think they’ll take a hit on the game tomorrow.

At this rate Vincent Janssen might get a run out for us.

Any chance you could field your U18s to level up the paying field a bit?

It would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Not a fücking chance mate. We want revenge for being ripped off on Wednesday. Not your teams fault, just disgusting VAR officiating.

Not only that but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a much changed Spurs team as Pochettino must surely be prioritising winning the CL over finishing top 4?They might never get a better chance to win it than they have this season, given what’s left in the competition.
Agreed, I think City will do these tomorrow, the players will be well up for it, there is still a treble on,
something most clubs and supporters would give their eye teeth for, beat Spurs and personally I think we'll win the PL.
Barring terrible luck and/or bad, bent refereeing, the Rags should be disposed of, they're nowhere near City's level.

Agreed, I think City will do these tomorrow, the players will be well up for it, there is still a treble on,
something most clubs and supporters would give their eye teeth for, beat Spurs and personally I think we'll win the PL.
Barring terrible luck and/or bad, bent refereeing, the Rags should be disposed of, they're nowhere near City's level.
Agreed. And, in the cold light of day and hopefully not looking through blue tinted glasses, we did batter them on Wednesday. Save for two (maybe 3 given that he was marking the goal scorer at the corner) very uncharacteristic mistakes from LaPorte and we’ve actually won that tie very easily, which seems to have been forgotten. Onwards and upwards.

I have a feeling they'll be at least 5 changes to the team tommorow. They will be pumped up and win well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.