Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can beat anyone in the league 5-0 on our day.

Against West Ham, the team was not really at it for long periods, both the players and Pep said as much.

If we come out of the gate at our best, Spurs can't cope with us at their best.

We've put 9 goals past them in the last 4 league games, including a 4-1, a 3-1, and the 1-0 at Wembley after our horror week in the centurions season.

Was that the same 1-0 we actually won 3-1 after our three defeats on the trot in the centurions season ?

I think this will be our first test of how we have done during the summer. Teams seem to have cottoned onto most of our tactics and defend in numbers. Spurs don’t really do that, which will make for a good game. If we can control the midfield we should win this.
2-1.

I think this will be our first test of how we have done during the summer. Teams seem to have cottoned onto most of our tactics and defend in numbers. Spurs don’t really do that, which will make for a good game. If we can control the midfield we should win this.
2-1.

Spurs are suspect at the back, I’d stick with Jesus for this, he’ll drag the centre backs all over, leaving ample space for a few sterling tap ins (:

Our wingers will be key to this, their fullbacks are comfortably the weakest area of their side walker-Peters looks decent enough but is some way off being at this standard yet and aurier has 1 brilliant game followed by 2 decent games and 7 stinkers. and on the other flanks Sessegnon will have had a week training with them, Davies might be out injured and Rose they wanted rid of. Big game expected from mahrez and sterling or whoever plays out wide, their 1v1 battles along with the over/under lap from the fullbacks and kdb will win us the game comfortably if we exploit it.

Spurs have recruited well in the summer but I still think they’re short of our level. 2-0 win for us.

Pep said be started Mahrez because he had a great attitude (called him after African Nations and said he only need 10 days off) plus Bernardo had a slight muscle problem. Mahrez had a good game but not sure if it was good enough to keep Bernardo out for this one. Spurs were crap until Erikson came on against Villa and really only won because Villa gifted them chances, I expect they will be much better on Saturday.

Pep said be started Mahrez because he had a great attitude (called him after African Nations and said he only need 10 days off) plus Bernardo had a slight muscle problem. Mahrez had a good game but not sure if it was good enough to keep Bernardo out for this one. Spurs were crap until Erikson came on against Villa and really only won because Villa gifted them chances, I expect they will be much better on Saturday.
So whats your conclusion then Colorado, you make some valid points, are City taking all 3 points then or not ?

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodri
De Bruyne
D Silva
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus

Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Gundogan, B Silva, Aguero

Same starting line-up as West Ham. Harsh on Foden to not even make the bench but I don't see where he gets in if everyone is fit. He'll have plenty of opportunities throughout the season though.

Foden over Otamendi on that bench for mine. Fernandinho can play CB if needed and if both go down injured we can push Walker there at a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.