Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 11 Aug 2019.

?

Spurs (h) prediction

Poll closed Saturday at 11:47 AM.
  1. Win

90.2%
  2. Draw

5.8%
  3. Lose

4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domalino

domalino

Yes, I'm mixing it up with the Foden game after our shit week *last* season.

2. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Technically still won on the night, a hand ball and offside, such small margins, robbed us of rubbing that treble up the Trafford rangers arses

Blue Budgie and r.soleofsalford like this.
  3. rnblade

rnblade

I think this will be our first test of how we have done during the summer. Teams seem to have cottoned onto most of our tactics and defend in numbers. Spurs don’t really do that, which will make for a good game. If we can control the midfield we should win this.
    2-1.

4. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Spurs are suspect at the back, I’d stick with Jesus for this, he’ll drag the centre backs all over, leaving ample space for a few sterling tap ins (:

5. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey

Our wingers will be key to this, their fullbacks are comfortably the weakest area of their side walker-Peters looks decent enough but is some way off being at this standard yet and aurier has 1 brilliant game followed by 2 decent games and 7 stinkers. and on the other flanks Sessegnon will have had a week training with them, Davies might be out injured and Rose they wanted rid of. Big game expected from mahrez and sterling or whoever plays out wide, their 1v1 battles along with the over/under lap from the fullbacks and kdb will win us the game comfortably if we exploit it.

6. gkmcfc

gkmcfc

Spurs have recruited well in the summer but I still think they’re short of our level. 2-0 win for us.

7. colorado blue

colorado blue

Pep said be started Mahrez because he had a great attitude (called him after African Nations and said he only need 10 days off) plus Bernardo had a slight muscle problem. Mahrez had a good game but not sure if it was good enough to keep Bernardo out for this one. Spurs were crap until Erikson came on against Villa and really only won because Villa gifted them chances, I expect they will be much better on Saturday.

8. balotellishaircut

balotellishaircut

So whats your conclusion then Colorado, you make some valid points, are City taking all 3 points then or not ?

9. Pete Campbell

Pete Campbell

Foden over Otamendi on that bench for mine. Fernandinho can play CB if needed and if both go down injured we can push Walker there at a pinch.

10. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Simpy to accommodate Foden on the bench - you would play people out of position to make a bench space for him - really?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.