Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried about this, we are in bad form and our attack has been devoid of ideas. Spurs have players that can hurt us badly on the counter.

Does feel like we will have 70 or higher percentage in possession but Spurs will score on the counter with Son or Kane type of game. The worry is our defence has been disappointing we could concede 3 or 4 here if we don't start playing well.

Worried about this, we are in bad form and our attack has been devoid of ideas. Spurs have players that can hurt us badly on the counter.

Does feel like we will have 70 or higher percentage in possession but Spurs will score on the counter with Son or Kane type of game. The worry is our defence has been disappointing we could concede 3 or 4 here if we don't start playing well.
I'm more worried about our attacking stats at the moment.
Yes we concede but in the past it was a matter of so what we'll still outscore you

Alex Williams

Lewis
Booth
Ake
Natalie Pike

Moonchester
Rodri
Fanzine Danny

Danny Wilson
Haaland
Summerbee

At least it would be more entertaining than watching elite players pass it back and sideways for 90 mins.
Fanzine Danny has attitude problems its all about him and Summerbee has lost a yard of pace but I still think this is the best line up.

I would play Haaland at left back though as he seems to want to hang around the box expecting players to give him the ball.

If he doesn't have 99% pass sideways completion stats then he can fuck off tbh.

Didn’t think I’d be saying this but I wouldn’t be disappointed to see Foden and De Bruyne sit this game.

It might be time to experiment with Lewis in midfield and Alvarez deployed as a second striker. But I imagine it will be a similar side to one from the derby. Either way, I sincerely hope we start playing more progressively and up our intensity a lot. 70%+ possession isn’t great to watch when we play so passively.

Haaland’s goals aside, something has been off with our game for much of the season.

I think there's a solid argument to drop Kev at the moment. Assist yesterday aside, we've got the Belgium WC version currently.

First half, KDB was playing off Haaland's shoulder with the ball getting nowhere near either. Second half, he came deeper much more and was more involved. Leads me to think, his instructions were to stay high. Or fearfully, is it the case with his age, he can't run the midfield anymore? I hope not.

The expectation was Kev could influence the game higher up provided the ball came in from the centre and flanks. Bernardo was picking the ball up right in front of our centre backs, it'd then go wide. Mahrez for me did pretty well but the biggest disappointment was on the other flank. Grealish needs a run on the left now until Phil finds his appetite or let's see what Alvarez can do playing off Haaland.

All I'll say on the controversial officiating is I hope City don't take it lying down. Players will react I feel.

Edit: I finally came to this thread to leave yesterday behind. I didn't do too good a job of that

Last edited:
Reactions: TFC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.