Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure is off for me personally. I don’t expect us to win every match now or go on an unbeaten run. Go back to basics and play our football. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Need to find ourselves. Start with a collective press and quick accurate passing. Not fussed who starts and that includes Haaland or Kev.

The only thing Pep needs to do now is reset. Rest players who are mentally shot. Give the squad players a proper run out to see who can make it with us.

Anything but continue down this pass for the sake of passing. We ain’t winning games by walking about until the opposition scores or by letting them line up with 11 players behind the ball and expecting our wingers to dribble past them. No wonder our creative spark is gone. Hard to break down two banks of 5 each match.
Agree with this. The pressure is off. However, we know it's going to be 10 men behind the ball. A compact defense while they try to hit long passes to Kane and Son.

Even Ten Hag, who is supposed to be this dutch possession oriented "total football" coach was happy with only 30% possession in a home game. The blueprint on how to beat us, or at least get a draw, is there for all to see.

Pressure is off for me personally. I don’t expect us to win every match now or go on an unbeaten run. Go back to basics and play our football. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Need to find ourselves. Start with a collective press and quick accurate passing. Not fussed who starts and that includes Haaland or Kev.

The only thing Pep needs to do now is reset. Rest players who are mentally shot. Give the squad players a proper run out to see who can make it with us.

Anything but continue down this pass for the sake of passing. We ain’t winning games by walking about until the opposition scores or by letting them line up with 11 players behind the ball and expecting our wingers to dribble past them. No wonder our creative spark is gone. Hard to break down two banks of 5 each match.
Same here, if we were 3 points clear at the top, United’s referee inspired comeback would have felt worse. We are in the mix but stuttering badly. Jack should play every game he can, he looked the only one who really cared yesterday.

We seem to be the only team in the prem at the minute who can't pass the ball forward, why are we making it look so fucking hard. I swear we have several players who are that low on confidence that they're scared to make a forward pass.
I want the city of old back asap but I don't think we'll see it until next season after hopefully a summer squad overhaul

We seem to be the only team in the prem at the minute who can't pass the ball forward, why are we making it look so fucking hard. I swear we have several players who are that low on confidence that they're scared to make a forward pass.
I want the city of old back asap but I don't think we'll see it until next season after hopefully a summer squad overhaul
I do think its a confidence thing. I think in part it stems from the defence. Beside Chelsea when was the last time we kept a clean sheet. I think they are a bit worried about playing a pass and it going wayward and them becoming at fault of we concede.

It says it all when we have a hopelessly out of form Bernardo in most people's teams still. Who is in form though who can play through the centre and create, that's another area we need to look to strengthen in the summer. It's either Gundo, Foden, or Bernardo, all three playing crap at present

Can see it now,they’ll get done today then come to us Thursday and play their bollocks off like they have done since football began,Lloris man of match,just not looking forward to this at all
Loris man of the match? So you predict we will have a shot? I certainly hope so I miss the days of us shooting.

Dreading it.

5 across the back. Packing out the 18 yard area.

Kane and Son waiting for a quick break and one opportunity to score.

Agree with this. The pressure is off. However, we know it's going to be 10 men behind the ball. A compact defense while they try to hit long passes to Kane and Son.

Even Ten Hag, who is supposed to be this dutch possession oriented "total football" coach was happy with only 30% possession in a home game. The blueprint on how to beat us, or at least get a draw, is there for all to see.
We have lived with this for the last few seasons now but we still carry on with the same play regardless. Others have changed but we have not.

Dreading it.

5 across the back. Packing out the 18 yard area.

Kane and Son waiting for a quick break and one opportunity to score.
Grealish Haaland Mahrez front 3 for me if so, may take a long ranger/free kick to win this one, Grealish is good for drawing fouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.