Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree but i dont think 442 will work as i think thats part of our issue right now kevs usually up right at the side of haaland in a 442ish shape.

Honestly if phillips was fit enough and i know he gets a lot of slack but 4 2 3 1. Have phillips at side of rodri with either kev or alvarez as a 10 and jack and wither foden or mahrez. i feel like bernie and gundo to some extent more bernie has checked out especially given his recent comments to media. Unfortunatly you cant really bench him becasue gundo and kev in midfield doesnt generally work.
My 442 would look like this.
Ederson
Stones, Laporte
Rico , Kevin, Rodri, Cancelo
Mahrez Alvarez. Grealish
Viking

so more like a 2-4-3-1 when in possession or 4-4-1-1 when not in possession.

The blue print to beat city is defend deep no runners get in behind and counter

If we as a minimum match them for work rate and energy we will get done over and anything less than a win are dropped points

My 442 would look like this.
Ederson
Stones, Laporte
Rico , Kevin, Rodri, Cancelo
Mahrez Alvarez. Grealish
Viking

so more like a 2-4-3-1 when in possession or 4-4-1-1 when not in possession.
i do like rico but i think walker in this game and to be honest walker and cancelo as actual overlapping fullbacks seemed much better in the last game. Ricos great and i wouldnt mind him playing but just feel like the importance of walker being fit and actually probably for first time this season to play one of our best back 4s with dias/stones and laporte will be hugely beneficial in building up confidence

If we loose Thursday it’s safe to say the premier league is gone….

Is stone or Laporte available ???

Think the problem when they don’t play is akanji or ake can’t break the lines ..

Rodri is being forced to drop as a CB to pivot passes because we don’t have passers like Laporte and Stones and even Dias…
Last season Rodri was playing higher up the pitch.

The wingers and inverted full backs are crowding the middle of the park and none of them can really break the lines.

There was enough in their 2nd half performance today to know that they'll cause us big problems. But if we can't score past that defence then I'll have major concerns for the rest of our season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.