Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The low block works against us because we concede too many easy goals. Teams have done this for years now but we always found a way. Now managers must look at the games like Everton and Brentford and just try and replicate it. A bit of pace or a quality striker and we don’t look comfortable. Having said that, as we absolutely have to win this game, I think we will on Thursday. We need to start the game like we did against Liverpool in the cup.
We knew what sort of game we'd be getting against Liverpool within 30 seconds when Haaland blazed over. I cannot imagine Spurs going as gung-ho as Liverpool and giving us that sort of space. Nevertheless, you're right about the intent - we took to the field with positivity and, regardless of how Spurs set up, a similar mentality is needed.

It works better against us because of our slow rethem due to sideways passes and lack of direct play. Arsenal so far plays more direct with fast passes that does not let the opponent organise themselves defensively. In addition weconceed easy goals and sometimes from the first shot on target.

Newcastle sat back against Arsenal and it worked quite well for them. Arsenal's xg was quite low for that game also. So i don't think it's a question of playing style. Loris also dropping a clanger didn't help Spurs.

If Arsenal continue their current trajectory, they will face more low blocks.

After the daylight robbery at the swamp think that decision has given pep the team talk that he needs that he was right all along we need to always be far far better than any team just because of that decision! Expect a big win Thursday!

We knew what sort of game we'd be getting against Liverpool within 30 seconds when Haaland blazed over. I cannot imagine Spurs going as gung-ho as Liverpool and giving us that sort of space. Nevertheless, you're right about the intent - we took to the field with positivity and, regardless of how Spurs set up, a similar mentality is needed.
All we need to do is pepper Lloris with shots and goals will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.