Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate this mentality.

I think a large part of our downfall this season has been a weak defence, often through injuries but also the constant changing of back four and more importantly centre back pairings.

I strongly believe if we can get a solid run playing a back four of walker stones dias and cancelo we will be able to mount a title charge.

This 'giving everyone equal game time' narrative is absolutely bollocks. Sort of comment you'd hear at my lads u12's team that.
Hear hear. Thinking the same myself. Akanji has been a good buy at 15 million but he doesn’t cover like Dias or move like John stones. Ake has not let himself down either but it’s still our best back four with the players you’ve mentioned. It didn’t look as good with Laporte next to Dias last year. It’s even worse this year.

Hate this mentality.

I think a large part of our downfall this season has been a weak defence, often through injuries but also the constant changing of back four and more importantly centre back pairings.

I strongly believe if we can get a solid run playing a back four of walker stones dias and cancelo we will be able to mount a title charge.

This 'giving everyone equal game time' narrative is absolutely bollocks. Sort of comment you'd hear at my lads u12's team that.
I believe he said “game time” not “equal game time”

Stats are saying we'll concede considering the type of team we are playing against. It's only matter of whether and how many chances we create, and shots on goal of course. I am spending Thursday and most of Friday in Manchester, I 'll see some mates I haven't seen in a while, will have a few drinks before the game, totally relaxed, I gave up on the title with our defending and inexplicable winning quality of this Arsenal side.

Last edited:
If that decision went against the rags or dippers ( Which we know it never would) they'd still be going on about it all over the media...
You know it.

People are still fucking posting those "distorted perspective" Rodri "handball" (maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but it was certainly not as clear cut as the "freeze-frame at the moment it most looks like a handball but it's taken from a perspective that doesn't allow for parallax error) photos from Everton last season, stating that we only won the title by a point and this "corrupt decision in City's favour" was how we won that one point.

Hear hear. Thinking the same myself. Akanji has been a good buy at 15 million but he doesn’t cover like Dias or move like John stones. Ake has not let himself down either but it’s still our best back four with the players you’ve mentioned. It didn’t look as good with Laporte next to Dias last year. It’s even worse this year.

While all players make mistakes Ake and Akanji are more culpable. They play excellently for 99% of the game then switch off and cost us. Both were at fault for the rags winner. Ake didn't do enough to stop the cross and Akanji just let Rashford go unchallenged. He didn't even move fast just walked past him. Both are good cover and that's all they should be when everyone is fit.

We know how spurs going to play they know how we going to play and with there record against us recently they’ll be very confident especially Son and Kane also there right winger who will cut in and always have a shot of a cross to Kane!

Saying that it’s what we do we need to be on it and make chances play quicker because we play the slow control game it be a very tight game like at the swamp

We know how spurs going to play they know how we going to play and with there record against us recently they’ll be very confident especially Son and Kane also there right winger who will cut in and always have a shot of a cross to Kane!

Saying that it’s what we do we need to be on it and make chances play quicker because we play the slow control game it be a very tight game like at the swamp

Need to be much more disciplined when the ball breaks down tracking runners. Spurs were poor on Sunday but they did create some chances, Kane normally has a field day bullying our centre halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.