Spurs Post Match Thread | ICC match in Nashville

Another impressive performance; obviously there are plenty of caveats because it is pre-season and I would expect Spurs to be stiffer oppposition when we next meet them.

What delighted me again was the energy of City's performance, which needs to be maintained. Also it looked as though work on certain movements on the training pitch had translated to the match situation; especially the interchanges to get the full backs in. Hopefully, Pep laid foundations last year that mean they can really expand the armoury of moves.

Big question is can the players demonstrate the kind of freedom in their play that we have seen on this tour when the pressure is on? The technical ability in the squad is excellent and the only potential impediment is mental, so long as our best players stay fit.

The pace and physicality of our full backs and Ederson ICBM's have given us important new weapons. All the new boys have impressed.

High hopes of an exciting season.

Just a friendly, getting the lads fit, most important game away at Brighton. Looking good Billy Ray, Looking good Louis :-)

Is it my imagination or are our thrown ins a lot better? quickly and everyone finding space
We were awful at throw-ins under Pellegrini, constantly let our players get marked before taking them. And let opposition take theirs freely half the time. A minor thing, but used to annoy the heck out of me.

I remember watching Bayern under Pep against Atletico & thinking the pace at which they played, in every aspect including throw-ins was incredibly hard to deal with - then thinking how these little things add up to making a reasonable difference; however last season I didn't see much change.

Hope you're right & we can keep that pace up for the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.