Spurs Post Match Thread

Tim of the Oak said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Damocles said:
He's a good bloke from what I know, a "proper Blue". Possibly the most respected regular poster on the forum

But he should be called out for comments suggesting that he hopes City have a bad game in a future match as everybody else should. It's an example of where the forum arguments have made people say things that they don't really think.

Fast forward six months and we're playing Liverpool with Milner lining up for them, I don't think he's sat there thinking "I hope we get twatted by Milner today".

:) good one.

Milner's new song for next season when the Scousers visit the Etihad.

There's only two greedy Bast***s

I like Milner as a player but that goes out of the window of James joins the red dippers!

think of the money jimmy will save on silver polish , because he wont win f*ck all at loserpool with brenda and his merry band of candle lighters

Damocles said:
TCIB said:
De Niro is half insane troll half mod, trace amounts of sanity :-)

He's a good bloke from what I know, a "proper Blue". Possibly the most respected regular poster on the forum

But he should be called out for comments suggesting that he hopes City have a bad game in a future match as everybody else should. It's an example of where the forum arguments have made people say things that they don't really think.

Fast forward six months and we're playing Liverpool with Milner lining up for them, I don't think he's sat there thinking "I hope we get twatted by Milner today".
True...

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Tim of the Oak said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
:) good one.

I like Milner as a player but that goes out of the window of James joins the red dippers!

think of the money jimmy will save on silver polish , because he wont win f*ck all at loserpool with brenda and his merry band of candle lighters

he won't need the polish for his City medals either as the Dippers will nick them.

I was away all weekend and have only just watch the match. There was a lot more grit & determination about our play and Silva really put himself about which was good to see.

I read the comments about the first 10-20 mins being terrible, but imho Spuds came at us as you would expect a home team to do and I don't think we acquited ourselves too badly.

We did OK whilst doing nothing spectacular. It was a good spot by Hart to Silva and Silva to Aguero and a brillianf finish by the little man to round it off. All in all it was a good 3 points which is what matters at the business end of the season.

Our performance overall was adequate I thought which got me thinking is this what we now have to settle for?

Over the last 3-4 years we've completely dominated teams, controlled the matches through possession and been deadly in front of goal and rock solid in defence so where has that domination gone?

When was the last time we had a completely dominating performance and won?

When was our last dominating run of results where we looked good in attack & defence?

We complained about teams parking the bus especially when playing us at home, so why are teams coming at us as if we're not that special anymore?

I'm glad of the three points but I find the fact that we've lost the total control we used to exert in matches not so long ago seriously alarming. We used to have a playing style identity, so what would anyone call our recent style of performances, defensive, attacking, controlling, counter-attacking, what?

The reason I ask is because I was stuck on a train with a load of pissed off Rags after their 0-1 defeat to WBA and I was asked this question after one of them adorned my suitcase with his shit scarf, and tbh I didn't have an answer.

So what and who are the Manchester City of EPL Season 2014-2015 and what's to become of us in 2015-2016?

Dribble said:
I was away all weekend and have only just watch the match. There was a lot more grit & determination about our play and Silva really put himself about which was good to see.

I read the comments about the first 10-20 mins being terrible, but imho Spuds came at us as you would expect a home team to do and I don't think we acquited ourselves too badly.

We did OK whilst doing nothing spectacular. It was a good spot by Hart to Silva and Silva to Aguero and a brillianf finish by the little man to round it off. All in all it was a good 3 points which is what matters at the business end of the season.

Our performance overall was adequate I thought which got me thinking is this what we now have to settle for?

Over the last 3-4 years we've completely dominated teams, controlled the matches through possession and been deadly in front of goal and rock solid in defence so where has that domination gone?

When was our last dominating run of results where we looked good in attack & defence?

We complained about teams parking the bus especially when playing us at home, so why are teams coming at us as if we're not that special anymore?

I'm glad of the three points but I find the fact that we've lost the total control we used to exert in matches not so long ago seriously alarming. We used to have a playing style identity, so what would anyone call our recent style of performances, defensive, attacking, controlling, counter-attacking, what?

The reason I ask is because I was stuck on a train with a load of pissed off Rags after their 0-1 defeat to WBA and I was asked this question after one of them adorned my suitcase with his shit scarf, and tbh I didn't have an answer.

So what and who are the Manchester City of EPL Season 2014-2015 and what's to become of us in 2015-2016?

with a bit of tweaking we'll do just fine. the reason we don't sweep teams aside as much is we have stood still to a degree and others have strengthened. that's due to ffp. yes we spent but for where we are we should be getting players premier league ready and not risky newcomers like mangala. once we are out of the running the other teams get a free run at those players.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Tim of the Oak said:

he won't need the polish for his City medals either as the Dippers will nick them.

Jimmy's charitable trust might get a boost though. I can see a Boring James Milner charity record just failing to make the top 40! Phil Thompson on backing vocals maybe?

de niro said:
Dribble said:

I read the comments about the first 10-20 mins being terrible, but imho Spuds came at us as you would expect a home team to do and I don't think we acquitted ourselves too badly.

We did OK whilst doing nothing spectacular. It was a good spot by Hart to Silva and Silva to Aguero and a brilliant finish by the little man to round it off. All in all it was a good 3 points which is what matters at the business end of the season.

With a bit of tweaking we'll do just fine. the reason we don't sweep teams aside as much is we have stood still to a degree and others have strengthened. that's due to FFP. Yes we spent but for where we are we should be getting players premier league ready and not risky newcomers like Mangala. once we are out of the running the other teams get a free run at those players.

Yes FFP has definitely had an impact, but I think our policy of not buying proven world class operators and instead buying many stocking filler type players has allowed other to catch us up. But having said that I still believe we have one of the 2 strongest squads in the league.

Even if we are allowing others to catch us up squad-wise, why is this allowed to happen especially when Arsenal have now just started to make one major acquisition per season and have arguably played better football than us this season albeit the points tally would say we're just about equal.

Does us standing still transfer wise account for the abject displays this season against Villa, Burnley, Crystal Palace etc?

The point I'm getting at is more to do with playing style and performances rather than our less than impressive recent transfer strategy. Again I ask are we still a possession based team, a counter-attacking team, a defensive team or a Keegan-esque all out attacking team?

I've asked this question of a few people over the last 2-3 days and I've been given many different opinions with the caveat that most people have added that what they can see of City now isn't easy to categorise as it doesn't seem to be one thing or the other, so could this playing style identity be our problem?

Last season and the 2 before that I could have answered this question easily, but right now I can't, because to be fair I don't know how to describe our current style of play either.

we are defo a possession base team, we missed a lot of big players against spurs and for once dug in ,villa went a goal behind very early and are fighting for their prem lives, but the matches before, we've dominated possession and lost ,palace springs to mind

Tim of the Oak said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Jimmy's charitable trust might get a boost though. I can see a Boring James Milner charity record just failing to make the top 40! Phil Thompson on backing vocals maybe?

To be fair Dippers are awesome backing singers:

"la la la la la la la, eh eh, la la la la la la la, eh eh".

As it's boring Milner the song will probably be titled "calm down".

well, it were shaky at the back for 20 mins and every single corner that went into our box looked destined for the goal but we held on and got a very decent win.

We were losing ugly not so long ago, now we're winning ugly. This is a move in the right direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.