Spurs post match

Very unusual game because Spurs back 4 were pressed so far up the pitch that they were nearly on the halfway line which made it an incredibly exciting game. Navas in particular had so much space to attack

I thought City were very very good. The stand out performances were very obvious so I wont mention them. I thought Clichy Navas and Fernando were also very effective, although I think Navas ran himself into the ground by the 70th minute

Spurs played well too.

jimharri said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
QBGnAzdl.jpg

Anyone see this beauty?
That's what following Spurs can do to you?

You would though, wouldn't you? Be honest!

Do you think the bloke in front has farted?

Great result, Aguero, Hart, and Milner were superb, others not so great for me, very strange game though, we could have scored 10, Spurs maybe 5 or 6, some of our defending today was amateurish. I love our "we'll score more than you" attitude, but better teams than Spurs would have exploited it, and while good going forwards Spurs are pretty poor in midfield, and frankly w@nk in defence.

I don't want to be kidded by that result that we were better than we were, some of out football was very good, but we wasted a lot of it with poor decisions, and poor passing.

For me we made too many changes (again), I understand the need for rotation, and we have a key game midweek, but three changes in defence is too many, especially when we make (effectively) 3 in midfield too.

Ultimately it worked, so I won't criticise MP, but despite Aguero's goals and performance, Joe Hart was our key player (2 key saves at a very crucial moments), added to some idiocy from the Spurs defender, we still might not have won that game. James Milner too, put in so much energy, and effort, that he was dead on his feet by the end, yet we will need him midweek, and he can't keep performing at this tempo, no footballer can.

This might seem a negative post, its not meant to be, as I'm very proud of a lot about the way we played today, but it wasn't perfect, and we can be better than that (hopefully in the next home league game).

My ratings....

Hart - 9
Clichy - 6
Sanga - 6
Kompany - 7
Demechellis - 6
Navas - 6
Fernando - 5
Lampard - 6
Milner - 8
Silvas twin - 6
Aguero - 9.5

Fernandhino - 7
Jovetic - 5
Toure - 6

I think Pelle took a very calculated gamble today.

Granted we seemed to have had a bit of luck today and despite having a (to put it mildly) odd team selection we came out big winners today.

But to be fair to Pelle we have a hard stretch up coming up, West Ham(A), CSKA Moscow(A), Newcastle(H), Scum(H) CSKA(H) QPR(A) in the space of 21 days and there isn't a game there that's good for testing the depth and alternatives to the first line and also the fabled 5 in midfield.

Personally, and I'm not sure everyone will agree with me on this one, I think we did damn well and Pelle kept us together despite some ridiculous and lamentable attempts to keep possession.

I would expect a bit more rotation and another odd team against West Ham, strongest against CSKA, some youngsters chucked in with some big names against Newcastle, rotated with some rests against the Scum and strongest against CSKA again.

It goes without saying that the key to dealing with this flurry is keeping players fit and it's a huge shame Lampard has been injured, even though he's only supposed to be a temp. stop-gap he'd have been amazing to have for this.

Good win today and let's hope we can keep up this momentum!

even if we weren't so great today we still manage to rip them 4-1 and could had score easily another 2-3...i can't wait to see us fyring on all cillynders...and aguero what a fucking player he is awesome well done cityyyyy

Re: Lloris

big gaz said:
Barcon said:
If that was Joe Hart that let in Sergios first and last goals he would be slagged to fuck on here.
In what way did Lloris keep spurs in the game exactly?

Happy for the win, just to keep it on topic.
So you know the 8 bells reopened last night. That was for Barcons info only.

Nice. I have great memories of climbing over the wall there and nicking the empties to sell back to them.
Is the cotton tree still going?

Marvin said:
Very unusual game because Spurs back 4 were pressed so far up the pitch that they were nearly on the halfway line which made it an incredibly exciting game. Navas in particular had so much space to attack

I thought City were very very good. The stand out performances were very obvious so I wont mention them. I thought Clichy Navas and Fernando were also very effective, although I think Navas ran himself into the ground by the 70th minute

Spurs played well too.

God knows how many pages on this thread, assume it's 20 odd, and as if by magic Marv has to come out with the pearler of all pearlers....

"Fernando was very effective"

Fuck me, that's a classic. Maybe if you added, "for Spurs" I'd have bought into it.

Jeez, you kill me.

Re: Lloris

Barcon said:
big gaz said:
Barcon said:
If that was Joe Hart that let in Sergios first and last goals he would be slagged to fuck on here.
In what way did Lloris keep spurs in the game exactly?

Happy for the win, just to keep it on topic.
So you know the 8 bells reopened last night. That was for Barcons info only.

Nice. I have great memories of climbing over the wall there and nicking the empties to sell back to them.
Is the cotton tree still going?
Yep but the Star Inn has been flattened, houses there now.

cleavers said:
Great result, Aguero, Hart, and Milner were superb, others not so great for me, very strange game though, we could have scored 10, Spurs maybe 5 or 6, some of our defending today was amateurish. I love our "we'll score more than you" attitude, but better teams than Spurs would have exploited it, and while good going forwards Spurs are pretty poor in midfield, and frankly w@nk in defence.

I don't want to be kidded by that result that we were better than we were, some of out football was very good, but we wasted a lot of it with poor decisions, and poor passing.

For me we made too many changes (again), I understand the need for rotation, and we have a key game midweek, but three changes in defence is too many, especially when we make (effectively) 3 in midfield too.

Ultimately it worked, so I won't criticise MP, but despite Aguero's goals and performance, Joe Hart was our key player (2 key saves at a very crucial moments), added to some idiocy from the Spurs defender, we still might not have won that game. James Milner too, put in so much energy, and effort, that he was dead on his feet by the end, yet we will need him midweek, and he can't keep performing at this tempo, no footballer can.

This might seem a negative post, its not meant to be, as I'm very proud of a lot about the way we played today, but it wasn't perfect, and we can be better than that (hopefully in the next home league game).

My ratings....

Hart - 9
Clichy - 6
Sanga - 6
Kompany - 7
Demechellis - 6
Navas - 6
Fernando - 5
Lampard - 6
Milner - 8
Silvas twin - 6
Aguero - 9.5

Fernandhino - 7
Jovetic - 5
Toure - 6

Absolutely spot on Cleavers. Don't worry about the negativism. If Pellers sorts out the issues with today we will be cooking on gas again.
- Fernando is not a centre half. Quite often today he and Demichalis swapped positions today - especially when we pushed up. It led to there goal.
- Fernando and Fernandinho playing together - they were often getting in each others way in the middle of the pitch. One has to play left the other right.
- Navas: He had so much space today but wasted it. Every time he cut in. He needs to go on the outside and get to the byline on occasions.
- Sagna: Great defending but he can't overlap for toffee. He really must practice this aspect of his game.
- Clichey: What has become of him? Thank goodness Milner played so well and bailed him out again and again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.