Spurs post match

Chippy_boy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sagna simply isn't up to our level, and I'm not sure he is young enough to get there.

Kompany was literally forced to play right back throughout the game, such was Sagna's inability to get up and down and provide the overlap with Navas.

I really don't mean to be on his case and I hope he comes good - it's early days him playing for us. But honestly, I haven't seen anything to give me encouragement and I don't mean just today. He's not been decent in any game yet. Defensively poor and offering absolutely zero going forward.

Sorry but that's just the way I see it.

You're writing him off after two league starts for us, when he's been consistently good over a prolonged spell for Arsenal?!

Chippy_boy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sagna simply isn't up to our level, and I'm not sure he is young enough to get there.

Kompany was literally forced to play right back throughout the game, such was Sagna's inability to get up and down and provide the overlap with Navas.

I really don't mean to be on his case and I hope he comes good - it's early days him playing for us. But honestly, I haven't seen anything to give me encouragement and I don't mean just today. He's not been decent in any game yet. Defensively poor and offering absolutely zero going forward.

I'm also not convinced, but I feel the same about Clichy too. Both positions are still weak points for me,

cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm also not convinced, but I feel the same about Clichy too. Both positions are still weak points for me,

I think Clichy is a fantastic player.

cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Thought Clichy played well today, but concede he can be inconsistent.

Wouldn't say we're weak at full back though; with Zabaleta, Sagna, Kolarov and Clichy I think we're stronger in that position than any other team in the league.

Ric said:
cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:

Wouldn't say we're weak at full back though; with Zabaleta, Sagna, Kolarov and Clichy I think we're stronger in that position than any other team in the league.

If you want to win multiple trophies it's clear you need squad rotation, you will never get the perfect players willing to play second fiddle, what we have in each position is pretty damn good.

Ric said:
cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:

as Champions that is quite handy to be fair

Hamann Pineapple said:
Ric said:
cleavers said:

If you want to win multiple trophies it's clear you need squad rotation, you will never get the perfect players willing to play second fiddle, what we have in each position is pretty damn good.

Indeed. No other team in England has the same strength in depth in that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.