Spurs post match

We need to keep Bacary Sagna in perspective.

He is better that Arsenal's first choice right back. And Liverpool's. And the rags.

He isn't as good as Zaba. Not many in the world are. It doesn't make him a bad player.

cleavers said:
Great result, Aguero, Hart, and Milner were superb, others not so great for me, very strange game though, we could have scored 10, Spurs maybe 5 or 6, some of our defending today was amateurish. I love our "we'll score more than you" attitude, but better teams than Spurs would have exploited it, and while good going forwards Spurs are pretty poor in midfield, and frankly w@nk in defence.

I don't want to be kidded by that result that we were better than we were, some of out football was very good, but we wasted a lot of it with poor decisions, and poor passing.

For me we made too many changes (again), I understand the need for rotation, and we have a key game midweek, but three changes in defence is too many, especially when we make (effectively) 3 in midfield too.

Ultimately it worked, so I won't criticise MP, but despite Aguero's goals and performance, Joe Hart was our key player (2 key saves at a very crucial moments), added to some idiocy from the Spurs defender, we still might not have won that game. James Milner too, put in so much energy, and effort, that he was dead on his feet by the end, yet we will need him midweek, and he can't keep performing at this tempo, no footballer can.

This might seem a negative post, its not meant to be, as I'm very proud of a lot about the way we played today, but it wasn't perfect, and we can be better than that (hopefully in the next home league game).

My ratings....

Hart - 9
Clichy - 6
Sanga - 6
Kompany - 7
Demechellis - 6
Navas - 6
Fernando - 5
Lampard - 6
Milner - 8
Silvas twin - 6
Aguero - 9.5

Fernandhino - 7
Jovetic - 5
Toure - 6

But we weren't playing a better team than Spurs and when we have (Chelsea), we defended a lot better.

Chris in London said:

He is better that Arsenal's first choice right back. And Liverpool's. And the rags.

He isn't as good as Zaba. Not many in the world are. It doesn't make him a bad player.

Agreed. I thought he did OK today.

Ric said:
Chris in London said:

Agreed. I thought he did OK today.
Ditto

pardoeofftomexico said:
oakiecokie said:
Chippy_boy said:
Didn't see anything excellent from Clichy to be honest. Was it his defending or attacking that impressed you, because I thought he was dank.

Him and Sagna are about 0.01% as good as Kolarov and Zabba imho.

Sorry but I was there and people around were also singing the praises of Clichy,who had a good game and certainly was one of the top three players for City today,His interceptions and passes were top notch and you are doing him a dis-service by stating he only has a 0.01% rating against Kolarov.He is a far better defender than him and I admit that his crossing isn`t the best,neither was Navas today who really was piss poor.

Are you real? I thought Navas had a great game.

Me too

Chris in London said:

Some people don't do perspective very well I am afraid

To come back after an international break, with players playing all over the world to play a good team because lets face it despite recent results against them Spuds are not a bad team on today's performance they would have beaten most other teams in the Prem

MeatHunterrr said:
citykev28 said:
Aguero simply cannot continue to miss easy chances like his penalty and the rebound today. It'll haunt us if he does.
no matter how good you are, players some times miss easy chances. Even Messi has missed couple of pens in short period of time.
The penalty miss was down to arrogance but boy did it give him a wake-up call. Absolutely delighted that he will be with us for years to come.

Ducado said:
despite recent results against them Spuds are not a bad team on today's performance they would have beaten most other teams in the Prem
They're not a good side though, they look decent going forward, but in midfield pretty average, and they're w@nk in defence, as they showed today. They'll win mid table games, but they're no threat to the top of the table.

Why do we persist in trying to score the perfect goal? We miss so many scoring opportunities by making one pass too many. Look at David Silva before we even scored - inside their penalty area he had a clear space between him and the goalie yet he chose to pass to a marked player.
Very pleased with the team as a whole but we need to stop making silly mistakes, their goal came from Fernando dwelling on the ball when facing his own goal. The lad needs a bit more EPL game time to understand the speed of thought that is necessary in English football.
I thought we had some really outstanding individual performances today, and some that fell far short of our expectations.
A great game to watch for the neutrals though - 39 attempts on goal.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sagna simply isn't up to our level, and I'm not sure he is young enough to get there.

Kompany was literally forced to play right back throughout the game, such was Sagna's inability to get up and down and provide the overlap with Navas.

I really don't mean to be on his case and I hope he comes good - it's early days him playing for us. But honestly, I haven't seen anything to give me encouragement and I don't mean just today. He's not been decent in any game yet. Defensively poor and offering absolutely zero going forward.

Sorry but that's just the way I see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.