Spurs post match

bluemoon98 said:
From where i was in colin bell i saw knees and kicks going down merlin's legs all day long - my poor merlin :(

;)
awwwww..........so sweet :)

Re: Sv: Spurs post match

DruntBlunt said:
FantasyIreland said:
madden150 said:
We don't look as controlled in the middle of the pitch as we did last season. Fernando and Fernandinho, aren't the answer as a pairing, very frustrating to watch. A better team would have punished us and although are attacking threat is ever present, Pellegrini needs to sort out the midfield, and fast. Kompany didn't have his greatest game either and reminded me of Arsenal away in that he goes flying into challenges and gets left hopelessly out of position.

Neither of the Ferns were fully fit yesterday so to tag them with the 'not the answer' tag is both premature and idiotic.
Too early to call. Both excellent players with complimentary skills. Takes time to gel a midfield and they've had what 1-2 matches together?

To be honest I hope your both correct ('idiotic' is a bit harsh btw). I'm not convinced by Fernando's passing ability and he was at fault for their 1st goal with dilly dallying. Fernandinho was consistently very good last season but I think the world cup has massively affected his confidence. If they improve then ill be quite happy to see them play together but going by yesterday, no.

Merlin was getting kicked to fuck yesterday. You could see it from wherever you were in the ground. I don't think he gave up, he never does, but I can certainly forgive him if he thought sod this for a game of soldiers, if this goes on my ankle's going to go big time and I'll be out for a month or more. I think Pellegrini came to the same conclusion, hence the taking off. In any case, Merlin even on a poor day is doing more than 80 percent of all other midfielders in the PL playing at their best.
Speaking as someone who was very dubious about Sagna, I thought he had a fairly tidy game. Fernando was really poor - not just the mistake on the goal, anyone can do that, his tackling was frequently mistimed. Both keepers are world class, and both kept their respective teams in the game at different points. A fair result, but for them, might have been about 7-3.
A terrific game of football to watch, and hey, we're still not playing at our best, and we just comprehensively beat a team that has pretensions to finishing in the top five or so. Almost everyone can and will get better, with the possible exception of Jimmy, who is playing brilliantly, as if he has a point to prove, and Kun, whose abilities are just frightening. The biggest single question in my mind: can Aguero stay more or less injury free this season. If yes, then we'll whittle away that lead and catch Chelsea. Sooner or later. No doubt about that, for me.

ballinio said:
CALLING SAM CADDICK
CALLING SAM CADDICK

Haha :P

I need to take myself away from pre-match threads!

I did think Joe Hart saved us in vital parts of the game though mate so fair play to him.

Gingers Dad said:
citykev28 said:
I'm absolutely gutted that the chance to create history with a double hat-trick was there for the taking and Sergio spurned it. Ruud van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Andy Cole, Tore Andre Flo, Hernan Crespo and Carlos Tevez simply wouldn't have passed up the opportunity.

I like Aguero but the coaching staff should have him in for a couple of hours each week to work on his finishing.
Wonderful place the internet for allowing people to make complete fools of themselves

You're absolutely right. You wouldn't believe how many dickheads have taken my bait.

KippaxCitizen said:
grim up north said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I don't think we played that well really. Navas had a shocker and our defending should have been punished more as it was very poor at times. Sanga Kompany Demichelis Clichy and Fernando all had poor games. Some of them looked pissed up at times.

And even though I think all that, we won 4-1!

Bizarre game.

Hart Milner and Agüero were phenomenal though!

Navas had a shocker lol
Running around not knowing what he was doing, other players didn't know what he was going to do, Agüero had a go at him twice in the second half after poor play (even booted the ball away in frustration at him after one run that went nowhere), kept checking back when the centre half had stood up and could have easily been taken on...

Few frustrating moments but shocking no way, stick to giving history lessons

Bluep*ss said:
BlueAnorak said:
bucks said:
How the fuck David Silva walked off the pitch with both his ankles and achilles intact I'll never know. The fucking ref could have sent any one of three of their players off for their planned assaults on him. I seriously worry how long his ankles can stand up to this game after game. Good job he's a tough little fucker. I reckon Pellers should start doing a Fergie and highlighting this all the time. See if it makes a difference.

This. It was open season on Silva yesterday. Spurs got away with attempted murder yesterday. 3 dreadfull challenges. 2 where not even a yellow card was shown - should have been at least 1 straight red for the lunge down the great mans achilles.
Totally agree BlueA -

I saw Spanish Dave get his achilles trampled on yesterday by some oaf in a Spurs shirt - in front of CB stand near the tunnel - ref and lino missed it .
He takes a lot of kicking does our Dave. I will forgive him an off day yesterday.
Nothing like the murderous assault by Navas when he clipped that spurs player and quite rightly got a yellow, for his first and only foul.

Re: Sv: Spurs post match

madden150 said:
DruntBlunt said:
FantasyIreland said:
Neither of the Ferns were fully fit yesterday so to tag them with the 'not the answer' tag is both premature and idiotic.
Too early to call. Both excellent players with complimentary skills. Takes time to gel a midfield and they've had what 1-2 matches together?

To be honest I hope your both correct ('idiotic' is a bit harsh btw). I'm not convinced by Fernando's passing ability and he was at fault for their 1st goal with dilly dallying. Fernandinho was consistently very good last season but I think the world cup has massively affected his confidence. If they improve then ill be quite happy to see them play together but going by yesterday, no.

Agree no question we are going to be exposed if the 2 ferns play together to many times it not to early to say, it go to be one or the other for me.

Interesting how everyone gets hysterical about Toure but when he does not play we don't look secure to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.