Spurs post match

grim up north said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I don't think we played that well really. Navas had a shocker and our defending should have been punished more as it was very poor at times. Sanga Kompany Demichelis Clichy and Fernando all had poor games. Some of them looked pissed up at times.

And even though I think all that, we won 4-1!

Bizarre game.

Hart Milner and Agüero were phenomenal though!

Navas had a shocker lol
Running around not knowing what he was doing, other players didn't know what he was going to do, Agüero had a go at him twice in the second half after poor play (even booted the ball away in frustration at him after one run that went nowhere), kept checking back when the centre half had stood up and could have easily been taken on...

KippaxCitizen said:
grim up north said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I don't think we played that well really. Navas had a shocker and our defending should have been punished more as it was very poor at times. Sanga Kompany Demichelis Clichy and Fernando all had poor games. Some of them looked pissed up at times.

Bizarre game.

Navas had a shocker lol
Running around not knowing what he was doing, other players didn't know what he was going to do, Agüero had a go at him twice in the second half after poor play (even booted the ball away in frustration at him after one run that went nowhere), kept checking back when the centre half had stood up and could have easily been taken on...

Pretty much this. Reminds me of Darius Vassell in so much as he's got all the pace in the world, yet hesitates every time there's the chance of a foot race against a lone defender, and ends up turning and going backwards instead. Very frustrating

Exeter Blue I am here said:
KippaxCitizen said:
grim up north said:
Navas had a shocker lol

Pretty much this. Reminds me of Darius Vassell in so much as he's got all the pace in the world, yet hesitates every time there's the chance of a foot race against a lone defender, and ends up turning and going backwards instead. Very frustrating
Rose was like a rabbit in the headlights yesterday, yet Navas seemed reluctant to try to outrun him. Frustrating as he's "bleedin' rapid" (as they say in Dublin).

jimharri said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Rose was like a rabbit in the headlights yesterday, yet Navas seemed reluctant to try to outrun him. Frustrating as he's "bleedin' rapid" (as they say in Dublin).
As opposed to Luis Suarez, who's "bleedin' rabid".

Pics and comments on the Spurs win are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citoct14.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citoct14.htm</a>

Manchester_lalala said:
I thought Navas was brilliant yesterday. Constantly a threat down the wing and set up our 3rd penalty which wrapped up the game. Seems to be another scapegoat some of our fans are never happy.
For what, a 4-1 win?

Great result but again mixed performance! Great when attacking but decision making was suspect at times and defence was shaky as fook! Scary thing is though we played in different and still hammered a top team! We still haven't got going this season for me and need to start getting back to a level like last season.

We don't look as controlled in the middle of the pitch as we did last season. Fernando and Fernandinho, aren't the answer as a pairing, very frustrating to watch. A better team would have punished us and although are attacking threat is ever present, Pellegrini needs to sort out the midfield, and fast. Kompany didn't have his greatest game either and reminded me of Arsenal away in that he goes flying into challenges and gets left hopelessly out of position.

KippaxCitizen said:
grim up north said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Bizarre game.

Navas had a shocker lol
Navas had a great game although he faded in the last 15 mins as tiredness took its toll. Did a good job defensively as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.