Spurs thread 2011/12

JimB said:
M18CTID said:
softlad said:
Thoughts for their game tonight?

Think they SHOULD beat Villa. Although organised I think Spurs will have too much for them tonight!

I can't see anything past a Spurs win tonight - they've rode their luck in a couple of away games recently but are very strong at home.

With Chelsea's indifferent form, Arsenal still playing catch-up after an awful start, and Liverpool dropping too many points at home, Spurs have a great chance to go clear in third place once they've played their games in hand. Odds as long as 66-1 for the title have plenty of appeal, especially if they're backed each way (1/4 the odds for finishing 2nd)

How nice of you to say so!

However, that would require City to drop a point or two.

And, right now, I can't see that happening. Ever!

If Spurs finish top four, I'll be made up.

Will you be hoping for a City win or loss against Liverpool on sunday? :D

Also, are you one of those Spurs fans who also hope City lose to Napoli tomorrow and go crashing out? :(

4-1 to spurs Villa are poor! enjoy watching spurs good footballing team unlike park the bus Boring as Fuck rags!

BlueCityfan said:
JimB said:
M18CTID said:
I can't see anything past a Spurs win tonight - they've rode their luck in a couple of away games recently but are very strong at home.

With Chelsea's indifferent form, Arsenal still playing catch-up after an awful start, and Liverpool dropping too many points at home, Spurs have a great chance to go clear in third place once they've played their games in hand. Odds as long as 66-1 for the title have plenty of appeal, especially if they're backed each way (1/4 the odds for finishing 2nd)

Will you be hoping for a City win or loss against Liverpool on sunday? :D

Also, are you one of those Spurs fans who also hope City lose to Napoli tomorrow and go crashing out? :(

Definitely hoping for a City win against Liverpool!

Champions League? Not really bothered, to be honest. I think City will qualify for the latter stages but I'm not sure you're ready to win it yet. Not with Barca and Madrid in waiting. I have you down for the quarters or semis. Possibly the final if you get a good draw.

It's almost inevitable that you will win it eventually, though.

Well if Spurs win I pick up £115 so I it will be one of those rare occasions when I'll want them to get a result.

JimB said:
M18CTID said:
softlad said:
Thoughts for their game tonight?

Think they SHOULD beat Villa. Although organised I think Spurs will have too much for them tonight!

Stan James are offering those odds and I think it's an unbelievably generous price (considering they have Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal all at shorter odds) - especially if you were to back it each way. 1/4 the odds for a top 2 finish - that's 16.5/1 if you finish second. Well worth a cheeky couple of quid. You're not dropping many points at the mo and while City and United aren't either, we've got a tough run of fixtures coming up while United are grinding out results but not playing well.

12 months ago I'd have been praying for a Villa win just out of self interest. Now half of me would welcome a Spurs win as a way of applying more pressure on Chelsea. Chelsea could crack for good. They've got Drogba, Lampard and Terry on their last legs and a questionable new manager.

City and Spurs have been rivals over the last couple of seasons as we compete for 4th, but
I think it's obvious we've both improved this season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56694&sid=09fb09848b972d4b1bd71ce1392c7759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php? ... e1392c7759</a>

Most are saying NOT ONE Chelsea player would get a game for Spurs.

Marvin said:
12 months ago I'd have been praying for a Villa win just out of self interest. Now half of me would welcome a Spurs win as a way of applying more pressure on Chelsea. Chelsea could crack for good. They've got Drogba, Lampard and Terry on their last legs and a questionable new manager.

City and Spurs have been rivals over the last couple of seasons as we compete for 4th, but
I think it's obvious we've both improved this season.

I couldn't agree more, but I do think it's a tad premature to write Chelsea off just yet.

Yes, they're going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment but I'm sure they will still be in with a shout at the business end of the table come May.

At this very moment I'm sat in an office listening to two Spurs fans having a discussion about how they destroyed Villa and were absolutely amazing. I'm hiding behind my computer PMSL at the delusion

Oh and apparently Adebayor is the new messiah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.