Spurs thread 2011/12

Kun Aguero said:
http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56694&sid=09fb09848b972d4b1bd71ce1392c7759

Most are saying NOT ONE Chelsea player would get a game for Spurs.

On current form and in the starting XI.

Mata is a player of obvious quality but is not the out and out winger we tend to favour, him playing with us would mean an overhaul in terms of formation. Cech would normally be a shoe in but again, his form is pretty rusty. Whilst any of Drogba/Sturridge/Anelka/Torres would obviously improve the squad, none of them are performing at the level Ade currently is week in week out. Even when Drogba scored the other day against Leverkusen (sp), his build up play was inferior to Ade's at the moment by far imo.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:39 am --<br /><br />
The Pink Panther said:
At this very moment I'm sat in an office listening to two Spurs fans having a discussion about how they destroyed Villa and were absolutely amazing. I'm hiding behind my computer PMSL at the delusion

Oh and apparently Adebayor is the new messiah

We may not have had to be at our very best to beat Villa, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. We probably should have been a tad more ruthless in our finishing but can you really argue that it wasn't a good performance?

If you'd watched Defrouchenko flop around doing fuck all for a season then you'd probably be pretty happy to see a striker with great build up play and a good work-rate, can you really blame us?

spurspinter1 said:
Kun Aguero said:
http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56694&sid=09fb09848b972d4b1bd71ce1392c7759

Mata is a player of obvious quality but is not the out and out winger we tend to favour, him playing with us would mean an overhaul in terms of formation. Cech would normally be a shoe in but again, his form is pretty rusty. Whilst any of Drogba/Sturridge/Anelka/Torres would obviously improve the squad, none of them are performing at the level Ade currently is week in week out. Even when Drogba scored the other day against Leverkusen (sp), his build up play was inferior to Ade's at the moment by far imo.

I would agree with most of that. Couldn't see 'Arry starting anyone from the Chelsea 11 at the minute. Oh, and Spurs are on fire, regardless of some of the comments on here. Their record after the 1-5 has been stunning. Good football as well.

spurspinter1 said:
Kun Aguero said:

Mata is a player of obvious quality but is not the out and out winger we tend to favour, him playing with us would mean an overhaul in terms of formation. Cech would normally be a shoe in but again, his form is pretty rusty. Whilst any of Drogba/Sturridge/Anelka/Torres would obviously improve the squad, none of them are performing at the level Ade currently is week in week out. Even when Drogba scored the other day against Leverkusen (sp), his build up play was inferior to Ade's at the moment by far imo.

-- Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:39 am --

The Pink Panther said:
At this very moment I'm sat in an office listening to two Spurs fans having a discussion about how they destroyed Villa and were absolutely amazing. I'm hiding behind my computer PMSL at the delusion

We may not have had to be at our very best to beat Villa, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. We probably should have been a tad more ruthless in our finishing but can you really argue that it wasn't a good performance?

If you'd watched Defrouchenko flop around doing fuck all for a season then you'd probably be pretty happy to see a striker with great build up play and a good work-rate, can you really blame us?

The way these two were talking it was bring on Barcelona
All I saw on Monday was kick and rush 100mph huff and puff, against a very disinterested side.
We dismantled what was an unbeaten and motivated AV team 4-1 very methodically and without breaking sweat.

Perhaps I'm being over biased with my opinion by the way Mancini has got us playing and keeping possession

The Pink Panther said:
spurspinter1 said:
Kun Aguero said:

-- Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:39 am --

The Pink Panther said:

The way these two were talking it was bring on Barcelona
All I saw on Monday was kick and rush 100mph huff and puff, against a very disinterested side.
We dismantled what was an unbeaten and motivated AV team 4-1 very methodically and without breaking sweat.

Perhaps I'm being over biased with my opinion by the way Mancini has got us playing and keeping possession

I can't really comment on your game with Villa, as I did not see it but I would say our maintaining of possession was key to our victory as well, a quick check shows that we had 59% of possession against Villa when you had 53% (our resident statto would be proud..). Obviously the difference was ruthlessness in finishing, Ade could (and probably should) have got 4 against them.

No one knows but I'd say Mancini would perhaps be happier with a 2-0 victory rather than a 4-1 as it shows that both the attack and defense are doing as they should do, wheras a 4-1 shows at the very least a minor lapse in concentration which can be exposed on a bigger stage against better opposition but again, I didn't watch the game so am in no real position to comment.

I just can't believe Mcleish has been given a 2nd chance, by Villa of all teams...So very very negative.

I think you must have had some serious blinkers on to think that all we did was "kick and rush football" against villa. We absolutely dominated possession start to finish. I do think that whenever Modric releases Bale down the left with a great pass, then all biased nay sayers immediately label it as "kick and rush". We generally play about 15 passes before finding a gap to put someone through, not really "kick and rush", it is just finding openings.

At this moment in time we could really use City doing the mickey mousers. I think any talk of a title challenge is premature, and i would prefer to see the bin dippers and arscum drop points than City, as i see us challenging for 3rd/4th more than the title.

Oh and apparently CIty have had the best start to a season in premier league history. Impressive.

Speaker said:
I think you must have had some serious blinkers on to think that all we did was "kick and rush football" against villa. We absolutely dominated possession start to finish. I do think that whenever Modric releases Bale down the left with a great pass, then all biased nay sayers immediately label it as "kick and rush". We generally play about 15 passes before finding a gap to put someone through, not really "kick and rush", it is just finding openings.

At this moment in time we could really use City doing the mickey mousers. I think any talk of a title challenge is premature, and i would prefer to see the bin dippers and arscum drop points than City, as i see us challenging for 3rd/4th more than the title.

Oh and apparently CIty have had the best start to a season in premier league history. Impressive.

Last season the quotes were "You can't buy a team and spirit"

This season all I hear is "City have bought the league"

and I hope we do you a favour by dumping the scousers

Speaker said:

Oh and apparently City have had the best start to a season in premier league history. Impressive.

Although this has been done to death elsewhere, can I just ask why Modric is held in such high esteem?
I expect you, as a Spurs fan to refute that remark, but as an outsider I fail to see the reason for all the love.
He is your alleged playmaker, yet provides very few 'killer passes' and scores very few goals.

To me, he brings nothing more than your freebie Pepsi pin-up boy.

Your 'assist machine' is Bale (even though he has less than our fullback) and to a lesser extent Lennon.

So why he has a tag of £50m+ and the journos creaming themselves all over him, baffles me.

Salford_Blue said:
Speaker said:

Oh and apparently City have had the best start to a season in premier league history. Impressive.

Although this has been done to death elsewhere, can I just ask why Modric is held in such high esteem?
I expect you, as a Spurs fan to refute that remark, but as an outsider I fail to see the reason for all the love.
He is your alleged playmaker, yet provides very few 'killer passes' and scores very few goals.

To me, he brings nothing more than your freebie Pepsi pin-up boy.

Your 'assist machine' is Bale (even though he has less than our fullback) and to a lesser extent Lennon.

So why he has a tag of £50m+ and the journos creaming themselves all over him, baffles me.

You may be surprised to hear but i actually agree that Modric is overrated - to an extent. I must admit that he makes the side tick, and his ability to spread the play and move the ball forwards constantly makes him a very important player for us. It has oft been said that Modric does not deliver that killer final ball, or goals because he sits deeper than that. He is not a conventional playmaker due to being further back than a player such as VDV (even though he is more of a second striker), and he plays much further back (in a completely different position) to the likes of David Silva. So to expect him to have Messi''s stats when he plays in Iniesta's position is a bit harsh. He is a central midfielder, not an attacking midfielder. He generally gives the ball to dangerous players in dangerous positions, sort of like an assist to an assist. Bale will generally be released by Modric before he whips the ball in.

That being said, i don't think he is worth £50 million, but then again, if Carroll is worth £35m, then a player like Modric is worth £100 million.

And you can't really compare the levels of assists between our teams as your strikers are vastly superior. Adebayor should have scored 6 against villa, instead he scored 2. If our strikers scored with the ruthless efficiency of yours, where even half a chance ends up as a goal more often than not, then you would see players such as Bale with a hell of a lot more assists. Adebayor is definitely a step up from pac, but he has missed a few glaring opportunities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.