Spurs thread 2014-2015

None of these clubs up for sale will sell now. FFP means there is no incentive for anyone because they will not be able to invest in the product. There will a glut of clubs for sale, not just Villa, Hull etc. FFP will reduce or even stop external investment in football. Money will still swill around from club to club because of transfers but no new investment will come in. It's a disaster for football. The irony is that this will benefit City, at least in the short term, because no one will be able to challenge the current top 4.

Bluewonder said:
Resurrection said:
How on Earth is Wembley justified with no permanent resident? That's an incredible stadium. Bear in mind this is from a Canadian so I have no idea if they have events there all the time it just seems like a huge stadium with the lights off a lot.
They have a few events like NFL, music concerts, etc. Otherwise though you're right, it's a bit of a joke.

I'm sure the taxpayers are totally not on the hook for any of it either /sarcasm

£1 Billion for Spurs ? Has Dr Evil kidnapped them or something.

How the fuck have they come up with such an outrageous sum ?

stony said:

The following is taken from a Spurs forum

I'd be surprised if we didn't fetch that.

We are a classic club- one of the few truly enduring names in world sport.

We are unique, we are stylish, we are permanent- and we are rare. Plus, we have a lot of potential for growth; we can always exploit the idea that we are the best team on earth to follow if you're not a glory hunter.

Some people are certainly 'special'.

Manc in London said:
stony said:

The following is taken from a Spurs forum

I'd be surprised if we didn't fetch that.

We are a classic club- one of the few truly enduring names in world sport.

We are unique, we are stylish, we are permanent- and we are rare. Plus, we have a lot of potential for growth; we can always exploit the idea that we are the best team on earth to follow if you're not a glory hunter.

Some people are certainly 'special'.

Jeebus save me. That wasn't Steffi was it ?

Forbes has them valued at £339 M

Any source for the £1 billion figure, or is it the usual journo 'pick a nice sounding number....' routine? It just sounds too perfect for a headline to be true.

Can someone with spurs forum account/bother to create one ask their fans opinion about ffp that their club helped to set? Even though they always hover near 4th they will still need large investment to break through (even bale's money wasn't enough). And now, even new owner wouldn't change anything.

...we are the best team on earth to follow if you're not a glory hunter.

Because you're guaranteed not to experience any glory following them?? That's a bit sad tbh.

keith's curle said:
Any source for the £1 billion figure, or is it the usual journo 'pick a nice sounding number....' routine? It just sounds too perfect for a headline to be true.
<a class="postlink" href="http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-sugar-laughs-tottenham-ps1billion-sale-reports-140911113275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://talksport.com/football/exclusive ... 0911113275</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.