Spurs thread 2014-2015

penguins4kompany said:
Spurs: hey there , i know we laughed at your offer of £10m for Townshend the other day- but we've considered things & we'll accept that price after all.
Soton: *phone line goes dead*
It amazes me how much stick Townsend gets when Lamela is far worse. Townsend can at least beat players with his dribbling before shooting into the crowd, over hitting a cross or making the wrong decision.

Lamela's level is Europa league against random Ukrainian and polish teams. Even soldado scores in those games as well.

Tuned in expecting to see Spurs playing like Pochettino's Southampton, instead, yesterday you could see all of the old familiar problems appearing across the park. Not sure many of those players have the willingness to chase down opponents, let alone the required skill to keep the ball for prolonged periods. Long winter ahead for their fans.

Gabriel said:
Tuned in expecting to see Spurs playing like Pochettino's Southampton, instead, yesterday you could see all of the old familiar problems appearing across the park. Not sure many of those players have the willingness to chase down opponents, let alone the required skill to keep the ball for prolonged periods. Long winter ahead for their fans.

And it couldn't happen to nicer bunch!
I never met a more arrogant, deluded set of fans who genuinely believe they are much
better and much bigger than they actually are.
The Europa league is about their level and has been for some years now.

IH8MUFC said:
It amazes me how much stick Townsend gets when Lamela is far worse. Townsend can at least beat players with his dribbling before shooting into the crowd, over hitting a cross or making the wrong decision.

Lamela's level is Europa league against random Ukrainian and polish teams. Even soldado scores in those games as well.

Rubbish, Lamela is far better than Townsend. Townsend is the ultimate head-down player.

IH8MUFC is probably basing his claim on performances in the Prem. If so, it is hardly ridiculous to claim Townsend appears to be better.

Personally, I think they have both been poor in the Prem. Lamela, based on his performances in the Prem, could be one of the poorest value signings in the history of British football, judging by his performances, thus far. Saying that, he may turn the corner and turn out to be very good. Who knows? He certainly has room for improvement.

Manc in London said:
IH8MUFC is probably basing his claim on performances in the Prem. If so, it is hardly ridiculous to claim Townsend appears to be better.

Personally, I think they have both been poor in the Prem. Lamela, based on his performances in the Prem, could be one of the poorest value signings in the history of British football, judging by his performances, thus far. Saying that, he may turn the corner and turn out to be very good. Who knows? He certainly has room for improvement.

He was very good against QPR to be fair.

Imo, his talent isn't the question, I just wonder/worry whether he has the toughness to succeed in the Premier League especially in the bigger games (where he seems to go missing and get easily bullied).

Townsend could be a success if he learns to play with his head up and develops some tactical intelligence, but he has none of that right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.