Spurs thread 2014-2015

Manc in London said:
stony said:
£1 Billion for Spurs ? Has Dr Evil kidnapped them or something.

How the fuck have they come up with such an outrageous sum ?

The following is taken from a Spurs forum

I'd be surprised if we didn't fetch that.

We are a classic club- one of the few truly enduring names in world sport.

We are unique, we are stylish, we are permanent- and we are rare. Plus, we have a lot of potential for growth; we can always exploit the idea that we are the best team on earth to follow if you're not a glory hunter.

Some people are certainly 'special'.

I asked a couple of Chinese people I deal with if they'd ever heard of Spurs. No, they hadn't but they did know about a City because of Sun Jihai!

jrb said:
JimB, my old Cockney Sparrow.

Jim is a ledge on SSC . Knows his stuff. And is very well respected. Got plenty of time for him.

Go easy on him, but he definitely can stand his corner and more. If he hangs around, he'll be an asset to this thread.

Ah, jrb!

Thought I might run into you!

Actually, I joined this forum four years or so ago. Posted occasionally but lost interest when THFC6061 (I think?) ruined the thread. It was embarrassing. Can't stand it when "visiting" fans get defensive about their club on another club's message board. I'd expect nothing less than for City fans to abuse / mock / hate on Spurs on here. It's your place and if a Spurs fan chooses to read what you're all saying about us and then discovers that he doesn't like it...........tough. Actually, THFC6061 was worse than just that, wasn't he? Treated this place like it was a Spurs message board, posting all sorts of shit about Spurs that none of you would have been interested in in a month of Sundays. Bizarre.

Anyway, I'm unlikely to be on here often. Only visited because a salmon fishing trip to Scotland has been cancelled because they've got not no water (I ask you.....what are the odds?) and I thought you chaps might, for obvious reasons, have some interesting views on the latest speculation about a possible takeover at Spurs.

Hadn't meant to post at all but then got all defensive about someone's Olympic stadium comment. Did I mention that I hate visiting fans who get defensive about their club on another club's message board?

JimB said:
jrb said:

Jim is a ledge on SSC . Knows his stuff. And is very well respected. Got plenty of time for him.

Go easy on him, but he definitely can stand his corner and more. If he hangs around, he'll be an asset to this thread.

Ah, jrb!

Actually, I joined this forum four years or so ago. Posted occasionally but lost interest when THFC6061 (I think?) ruined the thread. It was embarrassing. Can't stand it when "visiting" fans get defensive about their club on another club's message board. I'd expect nothing less than for City fans to abuse / mock / hate on Spurs on here. It's your place and if a Spurs fan chooses to read what you're all saying about us and then discovers that he doesn't like it...........tough. Actually, THFC6061 was worse than just that, wasn't he? Treated this place like it was a Spurs message board, posting all sorts of shit about Spurs that none of you would have been interested in in a month of Sundays. Bizarre.

Anyway, I'm unlikely to be on here often. Only visited because a salmon fishing trip to Scotland has been cancelled because they've got not no water (I ask you.....what are the odds?) and I thought you chaps might, for obvious reasons, have some interesting views on the latest speculation about a possible takeover at Spurs.

Hadn't meant to post at all but then got all defensive about someone's Olympic stadium comment. Did I mention that I hate visiting fans who get defensive about their club on another club's message board?

We don't mind other fans fighting their corner, we just don't like them taking the piss.
Your post on the Olympic stadium was quite eye opening and Spurs do seem to have a genuine grievance.
I'll stop short of offering my sympathy though. because I wouldn't mean it. I just think you've been out shystered.

JimB said:
jrb said:

Ah, jrb!

Funnily enough I was on that Untold Arsenal board today and saw your posts on the Tottenham stadium thread Jim where you, ahem, educated a fair few Gooners. I was going to post on there that your input is missed on here because you know your onions, particularly when it comes to Spurs' stadium and training ground development.

Nothing wrong with defending one's club on a rival's forum IMO, particularly if you feel someone is spouting bollocks. That's something Tony Attwood does on a regular basis when posting about rival clubs and he should stick to talking about Arsenal unless he can get his facts right!

Chancy Termites said:
Manc in London said:
stony said:
£1 Billion for Spurs ? Has Dr Evil kidnapped them or something.

How the fuck have they come up with such an outrageous sum ?

I'd be surprised if we didn't fetch that.

We are a classic club- one of the few truly enduring names in world sport.

We are unique, we are stylish, we are permanent- and we are rare. Plus, we have a lot of potential for growth; we can always exploit the idea that we are the best team on earth to follow if you're not a glory hunter.

I asked a couple of Chinese people I deal with if they'd ever heard of Spurs. No, they hadn't but they did know about a City because of Sun Jihai!
LOL. Funny enough I had a similar experience with a couple of Chinese girls a few years back too. They knew Palace, because of Sun Jihai and Fan Zhiyi.

JimB is a good poster. I have often disagreed with him but he is intelligent and reasonable.

I know JimB posts on Glory-Glory and it has a bad rep but it used to have some good posters like NW7 and WN7IAN, until the clowns took over.

JimB said:
Only visited because a salmon fishing trip to Scotland has been cancelled because they've got not no water (I ask you.....what are the odds?)

In my experience, pretty short odds if you've got a week's fishing booked.

Spurs to do a Man Utd with this sale.
Lewis (mainly) & Levy (a bit) will get a fortune.
The Us company will buy it and load up Spurs with a mountain of debt.
Then again debt is OK with FFP.

Couldn't happen to a better club.

supercrystal7 said:
Chancy Termites said:
Manc in London said:

LOL. Funny enough I had a similar experience with a couple of Chinese girls a few years back too. They knew Palace, because of Sun Jihai and Fan Zhiyi.

If you didn't know football they'd sound like a pair of oriental prozzies.

On a serious point Spurs fans do tend to have this overwhelming sense of they are somehow special...... a bit like red scousers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.