Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Mourinho mood will be very good even skipping! He knows that squad is good enough to win champs league and make a challenge for the league because of Kane Son and ali keep them fit spurs will win a trophy.

Having been tagged in a couple of posts, I see that Spurs have been on the end of something of a slagging on various threads today - all claiming that, yet again, they received hugely favourable treatment from the referee and VAR. Rather than reply in each of those threads, I'll just say what I have to say here instead.

You won't be surprised to learn that I dispute the Bluemoon consensus. Did some decisions go Spurs' way? Sure. Did all? Did the majority? Emphatically not.

First off, Harry Kane's disallowed goal. His armpit was apparently just offside. Okay. I suppose that that could be interpreted as a legitimate part of his body with which to play the ball. I suspect that if Kane were ever to score a goal with his armpit, VAR would disallow it for handball. Nevertheless, I'm not going to argue the offside call. I have to say, though, that if Spurs were genuinely one of the dodgy teams that always benefits from VAR decisions, then you would expect such a tight call to go their way. It didn't.

Secondly, Winks' booking and Brighton's goal. It was a dive. Winks didn't touch the player. Not checked for VAR. Should have been neither a free kick (that was wrongly, by the way, taken 5-10 yards further forward than it should have been) nor a booking. Nor a Brighton goal. And the Brighton player should have been shown a yellow card.

Thirdly, shortly after Brighton's goal, Harry Kane was clearly pushed in the box. Should have been a penalty to Spurs. Not given. Not even checked for VAR.

Lastly, Brighton player (don't know his name) guilty of a studs up, high challenge on Moura. Not even a yellow card. Again, not checked.

Should Winks have seen red for a second yellow? Yes, because the first had already been given. But since the first shouldn't have been given, the end result was right.

Should Alli have been sent off? Yes.

Overall, were Spurs favoured by the officials and VAR? No. That is all.

Having been tagged in a couple of posts, I see that Spurs have been on the end of something of a slagging on various threads today - all claiming that, yet again, they received hugely favourable treatment from the referee and VAR. Rather than reply in each of those threads, I'll just say what I have to say here instead.

You won't be surprised to learn that I dispute the Bluemoon consensus. Did some decisions go Spurs' way? Sure. Did all? Did the majority? Emphatically not.

First off, Harry Kane's disallowed goal. His armpit was apparently just offside. Okay. I suppose that that could be interpreted as a legitimate part of his body with which to play the ball. I suspect that if Kane were ever to score a goal with his armpit, VAR would disallow it for handball. Nevertheless, I'm not going to argue the offside call. I have to say, though, that if Spurs were genuinely one of the dodgy teams that always benefits from VAR decisions, then you would expect such a tight call to go their way. It didn't.

Secondly, Winks' booking and Brighton's goal. It was a dive. Winks didn't touch the player. Not checked for VAR. Should have been neither a free kick (that was wrongly, by the way, taken 5-10 yards further forward than it should have been) nor a booking. Nor a Brighton goal. And the Brighton player should have been shown a yellow card.

Thirdly, shortly after Brighton's goal, Harry Kane was clearly pushed in the box. Should have been a penalty to Spurs. Not given. Not even checked for VAR.

Lastly, Brighton player (don't know his name) guilty of a studs up, high challenge on Moura. Not even a yellow card. Again, not checked.

Should Winks have seen red for a second yellow? Yes, because the first had already been given. But since the first shouldn't have been given, the end result was right.

Should Alli have been sent off? Yes.

Overall, were Spurs favoured by the officials and VAR? No. That is all.

Think its just us city fans look on enviously at teams like rags scousers and spurs get refereed the majority of the time fairly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.