Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, right. If it's Aguero, it's just "stupid".

If it's Son, it's "cowardly and spiteful".

Understood.

Nothing inconsistent or hypocritical in that! ;-)
Sergio was really stupid to get involved and bring their history to the prem,luiz had an equal amount of pops in sergio's direction,it was a running battle for years,if sergio was doing that several times a season then he would be a nasty player for sure,this is about son being fouled and straight away going for the player from behind,added to all sons other lapses recently then yes he is currently a spiteful player,he certainly will not get any get better being managed by maureen,he likes his players "edgy"

It took David Luiz more than two years to recover properly from the knee injury that that second Aguero lunge inflicted on him.

Did you call Aguero cowardly and spiteful? Did you wish bad karma and injury on him too? Of course you didn't.

Don't get me wrong. I don't wish any ill on Aguero. Absolutely fantastic player. One of the best in Premier League history. It's been a pleasure to have him in our league all these years - even if he has scored far too many, far too often against Spurs for my liking! But he is a human being and is therefore fallible. He has a temper. Just like Son.

Why the need to overdramatise and demonise?
Can you give me a link to that injury because i honestly can't remember it

He's been mostly poor for two years. Not half the player he once was or a quarter the player he once promised to be.

He occasionally does something brilliant and, even more rarely, has a brilliant game. But it's not nearly enough.

Can't help thinking that he got too distracted by his life outside of football - though I concede that that is merely an impression and I could be totally wrong about it. I certainly don't get the impression that he's really worked to improve his game - with the consequence that he has actually gone backwards.

What did you make of the CL game midweek? I recorded and watched the game and couldn't believe how passive you were until the last 20/25 mins. When you had a go it was a different game.

He's been mostly poor for two years. Not half the player he once was or a quarter the player he once promised to be.

He occasionally does something brilliant and, even more rarely, has a brilliant game. But it's not nearly enough.

Can't help thinking that he got too distracted by his life outside of football - though I concede that that is merely an impression and I could be totally wrong about it. I certainly don't get the impression that he's really worked to improve his game - with the consequence that he has actually gone backwards.

Decent reply Jim - I always look for your posts on this thread as to me you do seem to try and be as objective as you can but at the same time you do stand up for your team so fair fucks for that

obviously top 4 is still the thing for you guys but do you think Jose will start thinking about prioritising an FA cup win this season? (think CL is prob beyond you guys to be honest)

The cynic in me does think that JM always has one eye on what is good for him - the fact that it might benefit the team is a bit of a bonus!

What did you make of the CL game midweek? I recorded and watched the game and couldn't believe how passive you were until the last 20/25 mins. When you had a go it was a different game.

Watching Spurs at the moment is painful. The game against Leipzig followed a familiar pattern.

The team are in a no man's land - somewhere between Poch and Mourinho - with the result that we can play neither on the front foot nor on the back. By which I mean, we no longer press and force errors up the pitch as we used to but nor do we soak up pressure with any measure of control either. We concede so many good chances to the opposition - even poor opposition. I'm not into football stats and analysis but I suspect that our XG stats should actually be x-rated viewing for Spurs fans. How we've not been on the end of some fearful drubbings over the past few months is a mystery.

As far as I can tell, the current strategy is to hope that we don't concede (or concede more than one) in the first 70 minutes and to further hope that, by that time, the opposition have spent their lungs and legs. And then we start thinking about trying to win the game. Baffling. And horrible to watch, even if the results have mostly belied the performances.

Mourinho does have a valid excuse with regard to the squad - injuries to key players, along with others beginning to show their age or just having lost all form. He will need a good transfer window and proper preseason to groove in how he wants the team to play. But Spurs fans have never been the most patient with defensively minded managers - especially following in the footsteps of a hugely popular manager in Poch - so the team will have to get into its stride quickly next season. We won't put up with what we're getting now for another season.

Watching Spurs at the moment is painful. The game against Leipzig followed a familiar pattern.

The team are in a no man's land - somewhere between Poch and Mourinho - with the result that we can play neither on the front foot nor on the back. By which I mean, we no longer press and force errors up the pitch as we used to but nor do we soak up pressure with any measure of control either. We concede so many good chances to the opposition - even poor opposition. I'm not into football stats and analysis but I suspect that our XG stats should actually be x-rated viewing for Spurs fans. How we've not been on the end of some fearful drubbings over the past few months is a mystery.

As far as I can tell, the current strategy is to hope that we don't concede (or concede more than one) in the first 70 minutes and to further hope that, by that time, the opposition have spent their lungs and legs. And then we start thinking about trying to win the game. Baffling. And horrible to watch, even if the results have mostly belied the performances.

Mourinho does have a valid excuse with regard to the squad - injuries to key players, along with others beginning to show their age or just having lost all form. He will need a good transfer window and proper preseason to groove in how he wants the team to play. But Spurs fans have never been the most patient with defensively minded managers - especially following in the footsteps of a hugely popular manager in Poch - so the team will have to get into its stride quickly next season. We won't put up with what we're getting now for another season.

Thats a pretty good assessment of what I watched but as someone who doesn't see every Spurs game I was surprised at the negative attitude to a home tie.

Fair to say you could have been 2 or 3 down, before having a go. The players looked like they didn't really believe what they were being asked to do, and it showed. On a positive I thought Lo Celso had a very good game, Spurs motm for me.

Thats a pretty good assessment of what I watched but as someone who doesn't see every Spurs game I was surprised at the negative attitude to a home tie.

Fair to say you could have been 2 or 3 down, before having a go. The players looked like they didn't really believe what they were being asked to do, and it showed. On a positive I thought Lo Celso had a very good game, Spurs motm for me.

Yep. Lo Celso is a player. Huge shame for us that he missed the first half of the season with injury. He's only now beginning to show us how good he can be. Eriksen who? ;-)

Really hoping that Ndombele can finally get himself fit and have a good run of games too. Will be a hell of a centre midfield with those two fit and PL acclimatised.

Yep. Lo Celso is a player. Huge shame for us that he missed the first half of the season with injury. He's only now beginning to show us how good he can be. Eriksen who? ;-)

Really hoping that Ndombele can finally get himself fit and have a good run of games too. Will be a hell of a centre midfield with those two fit and PL acclimatised.

Ndombele looks like a prototype jm midfielder, was he not fit enough to play the ful 90? The game only changed when he and Lamela came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.