Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son tries to foul three players, get one, it’s someone else’s fault.
I must have missed something. I only found out he was injured today. But how he got injured I’ve no idea.
It has got to be on the managers instruction If he’s going about maiming players as I genuinely don’t think he’s a dirty player.

Hoist with your own petard, mate! It wasn't me who said that Son was our least dirty player! I can't be held to account for the ramblings of other posters. ;-)

Once again, why the resort to hyperbole? Son didn't "kick and shove" a player to the floor. He pushed Lerma, in response to a wholly unnecessary provocation, and Lerma proceeded to deliver an Oscar performance for comedy. His two footed kick to Rudiger's stomach - also a response to a wholly unnecessary provocation - was more of an aborted thrust of his feet from a prone position that was far from forceful enough ever to have caused any real hurt and which resulted in a further Oscar performance.

I readily concede that he went after Gomes after being struck in the face by Gomes' arm and that the foul was entirely deliberate. But even then, it was a trip - not a two footed, flying, studs up lunge.

Does Son have a temper? Sure, he does, when provoked. He's no saint. Few competitors are. It was just you making it all sound so melodramatic and far worse than it was that demanded a response.
He did kick him, or try to. He did shove him which lead to Lerma falling to the floor.

When do you start to see his red cards as an issue? One more this season? Two?

Sorry to mistake your post with another Spurs fan. It pisses me off when idiotic shite said by other blues is attributed to me.

I must have missed something. I only found out he was injured today. But how he got injured I’ve no idea.
It has got to be on the managers instruction If he’s going about maiming players as I genuinely don’t think he’s a dirty player.
I didn’t say he got injured in the incident I referred to. He injured an Everton player.

I don’t think he’s dirty per se. I just think his temper is becoming an issue that your fans look beyond because he smiles and does silly handshake celebrations.

It was innocuous. We see that in the game 20 times a game. Unforunate events happened after.

If that were a City player you would say the same. And you said Aguero's challenge in Luis was fine because they have history. That's how your sociopathic brain works

Again derailing the Tottenham thread.
sociopathic lol , sergio and luiz have a long history for club and country,it's more than handbags when the argies and brazil get together,it was stupid by sergio the same way it's stupid for any player to over step the line

Whilst a few Spurs fans are here, what are your thoughts on Delli Alli?

Personally, I think he’s shite. He hasn’t really got a position and if he carries on he’ll be like Lingard I.e you’ll still be hoping for something whilst scratching around in 5th-7th place. The talk of him getting a big move is long gone, chances are he’ll be at someone like West Ham in 18 months

Gomes has got a broken leg thanks to son getting retrabution,without his cowardly take down from behind the other player doesn't come into play and the leg is not broken

Why can't you ever talk about you own player with trying to distract,it was cowardly and spiteful,well karma has bitten him good

It took David Luiz more than two years to recover properly from the knee injury that that second Aguero lunge inflicted on him.

Did you call Aguero cowardly and spiteful? Did you wish bad karma and injury on him too? Of course you didn't.

Don't get me wrong. I don't wish any ill on Aguero. Absolutely fantastic player. One of the best in Premier League history. It's been a pleasure to have him in our league all these years - even if he has scored far too many, far too often against Spurs for my liking! But he is a human being and is therefore fallible. He has a temper. Just like Son.

Why the need to overdramatise and demonise?

sociopathic lol , sergio and luiz have a long history for club and country,it's more than handbags when the argies and brazil get together,it was stupid by sergio the same way it's stupid for any player to over step the line

Ah, right. If it's Aguero, it's just "stupid".

If it's Son, it's "cowardly and spiteful".

Understood.

Nothing inconsistent or hypocritical in that! ;-)

I didn’t say he got injured in the incident I referred to. He injured an Everton player.

I don’t think he’s dirty per se. I just think his temper is becoming an issue that your fans look beyond because he smiles and does silly handshake celebrations.

I’m city. I don’t have any love for spurs at all.
The Incident with Gomes was because the lad who flew in was out of control for me. Unfortunately son brought him down. But he didn’t intend to hurt him.
Probably a five out of ten foul. Every game type of foul.
The rudiger foul was just stupid but he got played there.
I would send him off for the handshakes.

Whilst a few Spurs fans are here, what are your thoughts on Delli Alli?

Personally, I think he’s shite. He hasn’t really got a position and if he carries on he’ll be like Lingard I.e you’ll still be hoping for something whilst scratching around in 5th-7th place. The talk of him getting a big move is long gone, chances are he’ll be at someone like West Ham in 18 months

He's been mostly poor for two years. Not half the player he once was or a quarter the player he once promised to be.

He occasionally does something brilliant and, even more rarely, has a brilliant game. But it's not nearly enough.

Can't help thinking that he got too distracted by his life outside of football - though I concede that that is merely an impression and I could be totally wrong about it. I certainly don't get the impression that he's really worked to improve his game - with the consequence that he has actually gone backwards.

It took David Luiz more than two years to recover properly from the knee injury that that second Aguero lunge inflicted on him.

Did you call Aguero cowardly and spiteful? Did you wish bad karma and injury on him too? Of course you didn't.

Don't get me wrong. I don't wish any ill on Aguero. Absolutely fantastic player. One of the best in Premier League history. It's been a pleasure to have him in our league all these years - even if he has scored far too many, far too often against Spurs for my liking! But he is a human being and is therefore fallible. He has a temper. Just like Son.

Why the need to overdramatise and demonise?
Maybe that’s why Luis has calmed down a bit towards Aguero
I always worry when they are on the same pitch.
He’s the only player I’ve seen Aguero lose the plot with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.