Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as the two games against city (especially the first game) Norwich City? Leicester? West Ham? Villa recently? Chelsea did get a decision in their favour in the game at White Hart Lane and Son was sent off. Kane had a goal chalked off for an offside against Brighton.

Are you saying that Spurs got bad decisions in their favour in each of those games?

Norwich, certainly. VAR making an offside call that it had no right to make, denying Norwich a good goal.

But the Leicester game? It was us who were on the wrong end of an identical VAR offside decision.

West Ham - the Hammers should have had Fredericks sent off.

Villa - Dean Smith might have complained a lot but the penalty decision was 100% correct.

IVSGDSun.jpg

Consistently we have been, the other two clubs mentioned have come in spells. True story, never told a lie in my life your honour.
I disagree. We've always hated the rags, always will. And Liverpool have been on our radar for many years, certainly back to (at least) 2014, and their bullshit antics over Yaya getting injured and the non stop abuse we got, despite going along with their annual Hillsborough commemoration. Spurs have not been slagged anywhere near as consistently. But anyway; we discourage people from derailing threads by engaging in tit for tat arguments, so I'll leave it there.

Are you saying that Spurs got bad decisions in their favour in each of those games?

Norwich, certainly. VAR making an offside call that it had no right to make, denying Norwich a good goal.

But the Leicester game? It was us who were on the wrong end of an identical VAR offside decision.

West Ham - the Hammers should have had Fredericks sent off.

Villa - Dean Smith might have complained a lot but the penalty decision was 100% correct.

I give you the Leicester game (re checked it). Robertson (got the name wrong) should of been sent of in one of your fixture (but face it no team will get anything against them lot).

Last edited:
I give you the Leicester game (re checked it). Robertson (got the name wrong) should of been sent of in one of your fixture (but face it no team will get anything against them lot).

Yes, Robertson should have been sent off.

So should Capoue when we played Watford.

So should Cantwell when we played Norwich.

So should Sterling when we played you.

That's just in the last month. A couple of months earlier, Fredericks should also have been sent off when we played West Ham.

I know I'm repeating myself but it seems that I have to.

That's just in the last month. A couple of months earlier, Fredericks should also have been sent off when we played West Ham.

Play us every other week and you will get more decisions ;)

In simple terms, VAR is not fit for purpose!

In simple terms, VAR is not fit for purpose!

I have no problem with VAR. It's a good idea which ought to improve the game.

The problem is with the incompetents (or whatever) making the decisions. And with the way it is being implemented in the PL. It's as if PGMOL want VAR to fail and be abandoned so that they can regain full control.

I have no problem with VAR. It's a good idea which ought to improve the game.

The problem is with the incompetents (or whatever) making the decisions. And with the way it is being implemented in the PL. It's as if PGMOL want VAR to fail and be abandoned so that they can regain full control.
Completely agree. It ought to, but at the moment it’s still as broken as it was previously (if it was)

As well as the two games against city (especially the first game) Norwich City? Leicester? West Ham? Villa recently? Chelsea did get a decision in their favour in the game at White Hart Lane and Son was sent off. Kane had a goal chalked off for an offside against Brighton. Sheffield United was stalemate as both teams got dodgy decisions.
And didn’t Spurs receive a hugely favourable decision against Watford recently?

A not given penalty against Alli, IIRC.

And didn’t Spurs receive a hugely favourable decision against Watford recently?

A not given penalty against Alli, IIRC.

Probably not the best choice of game if you want to make the case for Spurs being favoured!

In the second minute of that game, Spurs had a penalty shout every bit as strong as the one against Alli later in the game. Neither was given. Watford were, however, awarded a late penalty for a soft handball shout against Verthongen.

But more than all of that, Watford's man of the match, Capoue, should have been sent off in the first half for a late, knee high, studs up lunge on Tanganga. So, if either team can feel especially aggrieved about the ref / VAR in that match, it certainly isn't Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.