Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levy pushing the we need to find away to get fans back in the stadiums!

Yep no fans means bank loans fit most clubs or there owner to put his hand in his pocket!

Problem is even s % of the attendance say 10% ain’t paying the bills plus the planning and the time those fans getting in and out of the stadiums would be a nightmare! So unless there is a vaccine or by some miracle the virus just dies away bit like SARS has football clubs are going to struggle or even go bust.

Exactly what I was saying a couple of months ago during the furlough discussions. I think some people are only now beginning to realise just how big a financial hit clubs will take. Spurs have said that they expect revenues to be down by some £200m over the coming year. On the basis of the most recent financial results, that equates to a 44% reduction in turnover. That's huge. Especially in the context of costs remaining largely unchanged.

Exactly what I was saying a couple of months ago during the furlough discussions. I think some people are only now beginning to realise just how big a financial hit clubs will take. Spurs have said that they expect revenues to be down by some £200m over the coming year. On the basis of the most recent financial results, that equates to a 44% reduction in turnover. That's huge. Especially in the context of costs remaining largely unchanged.
You were claiming that Spurs were attempting to furlough staff in the same way that parents are persuaded to sort their own oxygen masks out on a plane before their kids. Still waiting for a clearer explanation on this.

You were claiming that Spurs were attempting to furlough staff in the same way that parents are persuaded to sort their own oxygen masks out on a plane before their kids. Still waiting for a clearer explanation on this.

Happy to clarify the analogy again but I don't want to start going over the same arguments. There's nothing new to be added.

Parents = Companies
Small children = Employees
Oxygen = Furlough Scheme

Were it not for the furlough scheme, a significant proportion of UK companies would either have rapidly gone bust or had to resort to wholesale redundancies. Companies had to look after themselves first in order to protect jobs.

Spurs have played Norwich in a friendly and it transpires Norwich had a player test positive for covid. Apparently the players do not have to self isolate. Isn't this double standards and against the whole idea of test and trace which Matt Hancock called everyone's civic duty?

Eric Dier given 4 match ban and fined £40000 for climbing into the stand and confronting a fan. I know it's spurs so fuck em but I think that's harsh from the FA.

Eric Dier given 4 match ban and fined £40000 for climbing into the stand and confronting a fan. I know it's spurs so fuck em but I think that's harsh from the FA.
If the ban is immediate then the 4 games he misses are largely irrelevant anyway. The FA regarded his conduct as threatening behaviour. If he did that on the street he would now be regarded as a criminal with a suitable criminal record. Don't forget that both Bernardo and Dele Alli both got a one match ban for un PC tweets.
4 games is a suitable ban in my eyes.The punishment serves as a deterrent to future transgressors who may decide to have a go at fans in the stands.
If a City player was given a 4 match ban for a similar offence then I would not feel too aggrieved.

Last edited:
Spuds had zero shots on target against bottom club Bournemouth, agent Mourinho doing a fine job there i see.

But there media darlings so nobody will say anything .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.