Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no point being angry about something we cannot change and we can never get "revenge" for a defeat from a previous season. It doesn't bother me at all because we have a manager and owners who ensure that we can forget every minor setback in the knowledge that we only have to wait for the end of the season for something really to savour. We have the best team we have ever had and the trophies and records keep rolling in. For Spurs fans I will say that they have the best manager and the best team they have had in a very long time. I'm sure they will rightly look back to the double winning team with enormous pride and I have to say that I remember seeing them play at Maine Road whereas many Spurs fans are far too young. What is forgotten is that it was a 1-1 draw at WHL against Manchester City which ended their 100% start to that season and the 6-2 thumping we gave them at Maine Road the season after to end their hopes of a second successive title is also long since forgotten. Greatness lives on the rest doesn't. We remember the title in 1968 and the euphoria of the pulsating climax at St James Park. We also remember the ballet on ice when Spurs got a real thumping. Pep has given us more memorable moments in the last two years than most fans get in a lifetime, with 7 of the last 8 domestic trophies landing in our cabinet. We are quite simply incomparable over the length of a season and what makes us more impressive is not that teams roll over for us, but that they try like hell to keep us out. Spurs managed it last season in the CL and they managed it again yesterday. Yes I think there was a large dose of good fortune but I can take that because teams need a lot of luck to take anything with them from the Etihad and I also have to admit that there was a determination to hang on in there by Spurs, for which they deserve great credit. I also notice that there was the greatest respect for each other from both managers and from both sets of players. But I'm not getting angry because, in the end, I'd rather Spurs did it than two other clubs a lot closer to home and because I believe we'll be finding room for more trophies in the trophy room at the end of the season. We tried long enough to get Pep - now he's here don't waste time resenting Spurs for trying to win.

I got stabbed in my lower back in the 80s. Wasn't football related though.
tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

I haven't posted on here since the game for fear of offending or someone thinking I was on a wind up.

Not going to lie I couldn't believe it when the goal was ruled out. Very harsh.

Like others have said though it is not Spurs fault though just unfortunate it has happened twice against us. It is the ridiculous new rules and VAR (I hate it) in general.

Obviously pleased with a point away to the best team in the league and grateful we got out of jail.

I agree with Crouchinho about the 'never win anything' jibe. Water off a duck's back to me. There are historically big clubs like Everton that have won even less than us over the last 30 years. Should they switch allegiance to Liverpool? Of course not.

I haven't posted on here since the game for fear of offending or someone thinking I was on a wind up.

Not going to lie I couldn't believe it when the goal was ruled out. Very harsh.

Like others have said though it is not Spurs fault though just unfortunate it has happened twice against us. It is the ridiculous new rules and VAR (I hate it) in general.

Obviously pleased with a point away to the best team in the league and grateful we got out of jail.

I agree with Crouchinho about the 'never win anything' jibe. Water off a duck's back to me. There are historically big clubs like Everton that have won even less than us over the last 30 years. Should they switch allegiance to Liverpool? Of course not.
You and JimB are okay I must say, and there is another spurs fan that's sound as well. But wotspur and JPB or whatever just come on to try and wind blues up.

It was a good game the other day, both set of fans and teams move on, until the next time we play you. That write up where some City fans helped a 10 yr old Spurs fan and his dad have a great first experience in Manchester is a great story.

All the best for the rest of the campaign.

You and JimB are okay I must say, and there is another spurs fan that's sound as well. But wotspur and JPB or whatever just come on to try and wind blues up.

It was a good game the other day, both set of fans and teams move on, until the next time we play you. That write up where some City fans helped a 10 yr old Spurs fan and his dad have a great first experience in Manchester is a great story.

All the best for the rest of the campaign.

Cheers. Think it will be between you and LFC again but hopefully we will still be in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.