Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which just proves what matters in this World is who you know not how much cash you have.

Although it is odd that despite having friends in all the right places we still have not won anything. City on the other hand have no friends. Yet you appear to have won loads.

Oh well...
We're not bottlers.

Not cock waving here mate honest
55 years is how long I have been watching city and I am not having a personal go at the TH fans on here .
But as a fan base yes I have some quite bitter memories of them
Nobody likes a cock waiver, especially when they have a cock like the last turkey in the shop mate; )

Bitter Spurs fan arrives......

Ah yes bitterness.

In football it feels as if it has a unique meaning which I have never quite understood. I guess it is some sort of generic football insult?

But I don't really feel it. I love what my club is doing. I am watching some of the best players in the World, in an incredible stadium, we are often finishing above Arsenal for the first time in years, we are playing in the Champions League final, we are sticking it to the City at their place. Why would I be bitter? We all have so much to be grateful for. It is not as if we have to go away and win at Wimbledon to avoid relegation or we are battling it out in League One.

This week I am going to see QPR v Portsmouth in the second round of the league cup - two clubs close to my heart. There won't be many people there. The football will be dire. And they have little chance of any real success this season The fans of these once great and successful clubs have every reason to be bitter. Will they be? No chance. They will be happy, fun and grateful. I guess it is down to expectation.

Liverpool expect to win - they are bitter that they get 90 points and still don't win. Spurs never win. I have no expectations that they win. I do expect Spurs to entertain. To have skilful players. To try and play on the front foot. To charm. To have an identity. And I think Spurs do that every day. And so I am not bitter. Quite the opposite I am very happy.

So, in short, smug I'd accept. Bitter? No.

Last edited:
Ah yes bitterness.

In football it feels as if it has a unique meaning which I have never quite understood. I guess it is some sort of generic football insult?

But I don't really feel it. I love what my club is doing. I am watching some of the best players in the World, in an incredible stadium, we are often finishing above Arsenal for the first time in years, we are playing in the Champions League final, we are sticking it to the City at their place. Why would I be bitter? We all have so much to be grateful for. It is not as if we have to go away and win at Wimbledon to avoid relegation or we are battling it out in League One.

This week I am going to see QPR v Portsmouth in the second round of the league cup - two clubs close to my heart. There won't be many people there. The football will be dire. And they have little chance of any real success this season These fans of these once great and successful clubs have every reason to be bitter. Will they be? No chance. They will be happy, fun and grateful. I guess it is down to expectation.

Liverpool expect to win - they are bitter that they get 90 points and still don't win. Spurs never win. I have no expectations that they win. I do expect Spurs to entertain. To have skilful players. To try and play on the front foot. To charm. To have an identity. And I think Spurs do that every day. And so I am not bitter. Quite the opposite I am very happy.

Great summation.

. I do expect Spurs to entertain. To have skilful players. To try and play on the front foot. To charm. To have an identity.
You must have been pretty bitter after the weekend then if that's what you expect from Spurs! Played like a billionaire Burnley which is disappointing.
That's what made the VAR farce worse to take for me, the opponent was irrelevant in that whole mess but we get so few games at home where teams don't just play cynical, everyone behind the ball, hit and hoof football that I was really looking forward to this game. I thought that after the highs of a European final and the big sums spent over the summer would have at least meant you guys would at least try to push on some. Especially as you've got some excellent skillful players but to look like you're set up to play counter attacking football when you had players with no pace up front was just disappointing.

Ah yes bitterness.

This week I am going to see QPR v Portsmouth in the second round of the league cup - two clubs close to my heart. There won't be many people there. The football will be dire. And they have little chance of any real success this season The fans of these once great and successful clubs have every reason to be bitter. Will they be? No chance. They will be happy, fun and grateful. I guess it is down to expectation.

What, not even when you are played off the park? Like on Saturday? Forget the result, I didn’t see much skill or entertainment from your team. Quite the reverse.

Ah yes bitterness.

Your a Spurs fan so no problem with your views.

But " sticking it to City at their place " is a tad over the top do you not think ?

Admittedly you got two goals which were the result of piss poor defending by City , and got had a perfectly good goal incorrectly imo ruled out by a shit VAR decision , but how is that " sticking it to City " because from where I was sitting you were bloody lucky not to have conceded 4 or 5 goals .

I can understand your pleasure at having escaped the twatting our play really deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.