Spurs thread 2020/21

Gotta smile at posts suggesting that Spurs are somehow getting preferential treatment and are the bad guys in this.

What about Leyton Orient selfishly and recklessly deciding to carry on playing games fully in the knowledge that most of their players were ill and hadn't been tested? If Spurs are eventually given a bye (no decision on that yet), they have promised to pay Orient whatever they were due to earn had the game been played.

Fourteen years ago, when the entire Spurs first team squad went down with a bug / food poisoning the night before the final game of the season (that should have seen them qualify for the Champions League for the first time), they were told that if they could not fulfil the fixture, they would forfeit it. The players consequently took to the pitch while sick as dogs, and inevitably lost to a West Ham team they should have beaten comfortably in normal circumstances. So no..............if Spurs get a bye in this far less important game, it won't be a case of receiving preferential treatment. It will just be the rules being as strictly applied to Orient as they were to Spurs 14 years ago.

I think spurs did the right thing getting Leyton Orient players tested! Rags and the scousers haven’t don’t it and there players that cost an absolute fortune could be playing against a team that half them could be covid positive!

Oh yes I remember the Blue Lamp. I think Dixon of Dock Green might have been a spin off from it. Wow, other memories are coming back to me, any one remember PC 49 or other radio progs... like Dick Barton with Jock and Snowy....or Paul Temple.
You'll be telling me next that you remember Journey into Space with Alfie Bass as Lemmy/Lenny(?).

I think spurs did the right thing getting Leyton Orient players tested! Rags and the scousers haven’t don’t it and there players that cost an absolute fortune could be playing against a team that half them could be covid positive!
I read earlier Liverpool paid for Lincoln players to be tested.??

Spurs, who should have rightfully finished in 10th spot last season if VAR had been implemented correctly through out the league. According to a bona fide official study.

Last edited:
Spurs, who should have rightfully finished in 10th spot last season if VAR had been implemented correctly through out the league. According to a bona fide official study.

You haven’t read that article correctly. It shows how the table would have looked had VAR not been implemented at all. It specifically says that they have made no judgement as to whether or not the VAR decisions were correct. So, at best, it’s an anodyne article.

For what it’s worth, I’d say that, overall, Spurs were slightly in deficit last season in terms of VAR interventions - including those times when VAR didn’t intervene when it should have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.