Spurs v Arsenal 20th April very important - come on Arsenal

Re: Spurs v Arsenal 19th April very important - come on Arsenal

Can only see a Spurs win here, Arsenal need to man up ffs. Anything other than a Spurs win is a good result for us.

Arsenal need to do us a big favour here!

We can't catch them now really, 3rd is our highest realistic place, but we need Spurs to drop points badly.

If we could defy the script and be well clear of Spurs before we play them, that would give us lots of breathing space.

But Arsenal are such bottlers, you wouldn't put it past them to fold against Spurs.

I want Arsenal to win , I did last year when they went to the spuds but they got beat and I expect them to again. Spurs will win because of the atmosphere that will be generated , their fans will be up for it and buzzing and in turn , so will the players . Arsenal will need to do a lot to walk away from there with three points , as long as spurs don't win , I am happy.

Blue Elmo said:
I want Arsenal to win , I did last year when they went to the spuds but they got beat and I expect them to again. Spurs will win because of the atmosphere that will be generated , their fans will be up for it and buzzing and in turn , so will the players . Arsenal will need to do a lot to walk away from there with three points , as long as spurs don't win , I am happy.

Well as things stand at the moment, Spurs are on for their third consecutive Premier League win over the Gooners.

The last time Spurs managed three consecutive League wins over Arsenal was between October 1973 and October 1974.

To be honest...this game is very hard to predict. I think Arsenal want revange and they also dont want Chelsea to catch them. They will do their everything and i think Spurs will do it too.

But i think it will be a draw.

Draw decent enough result for city,points no good now to anyone its all about wins,i think arsenal will do them proper !

Apparently Bale is out with a calf injury, not that that will matter as Spurs will still dick Arsenal.

lmjones1uk said:
Apparently Bale is out with a calf injury, not that that will matter as Spurs will still dick Arsenal.

If true, it may matter, Van Der Vaart has fallen off badly and only Modric is 100% guaranteed to perform on their creative front. But Bale injured again? You really have to wonder about his longevity at the level he's played at this season, he's unbelievably injury prone and it may affect his pace sooner or later.

lmjones1uk said:

Not according to our team news today.

Where are you getting this from?

BALE ON ARSENAL...

Gareth Bale is confident the team can deliver again against Arsenal.

The players chase a third-successive win in the Premier League against the Gunners in the latest north London derby at the Lane on Wednesday night.

It's a key match as we look for the win that would take us level on points in fourth place with Manchester City and Arsenal try to stay in the title race.

The newly-crowned PFA Player of the Year has played a huge role in those last two successes.

This time last year, April 14, 2010, he scored the second goal – after Danny Rose’s thunderbolt – as we toppled our old rivals 2-1 at the Lane.

And the flying winger was on the scoresheet again in the famous victory at the Emirates in November, sliding home the first goal as we came from 2-0 down at half-time to win 3-2.

“We’ve beaten them in the last two league matches so we’ll go in with confidence,” said Gareth. “We need to win to get level with City and if we do that and then we’ll be right in the middle of it.

“It’s always a tough game no matter how each team is doing, but there is a lot riding on it for both teams. It will be a tense game and hopefully we’ll come out on top.

“We did it last season, we know it will be even harder this season but all the lads are quietly confident we can push on and get into that Champions League spot.”

Gareth insisted the come-from-behind win at the Emirates gave everyone belief.

“People thought we were down and out but we showed the character in the squad and proved everyone wrong,” he added. “We’ll play our normal game as always, go at them and hopefully we’ll get the win.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.