Spurs v Liverpool

marcspurs said:
Morning all..... looking forward to turning the bin dippers over later today.....

Here are some stats about Spurs at home in the PL since HR arrived at WHL a little over 2 years ago.....

We have the best home defensive record in the PL for 2 consecutive seasons, no team has conceded less goals at home in the last 41 PL games (Chelsea 28 goals / Manure 30)

To win a game at WHL, a visiting side will (more often than not, Everton, Stoke, Wolves, Wigan, aside) have to score 2 goals….. only Man Utd and Blackburn (they lost) a couple of weeks ago have managed it in the past 41 PL games, prior to that Liverpool in May 2008 (over 2 years ago)

* Home PL Record:

P41 W29 D7 L5 GF:82 GA:24 94 / 123pts

Only Manure and Chelsea have earned more home points over the last 41 PL games..... both have over 103 pts / 123, then us with 94 and Arsenal with 89......

For those looking for a chink in our armour after a CL group game..... well the only defeat was when we had an away game at Bolton..... all our other group games have been followed by a home PL game, 2 wins and a draw so far.....

i really want you to stuff liverpool.

but you need to understand i wish you no luck at all.

marcspurs said:
Morning all..... looking forward to turning the bin dippers over later today.....

Here are some stats about Spurs at home in the PL since HR arrived at WHL a little over 2 years ago.....

We have the best home defensive record in the PL for 2 consecutive seasons, no team has conceded less goals at home in the last 41 PL games (Chelsea 28 goals / Manure 30)

To win a game at WHL, a visiting side will (more often than not, Everton, Stoke, Wolves, Wigan, aside) have to score 2 goals….. only Man Utd and Blackburn (they lost) a couple of weeks ago have managed it in the past 41 PL games, prior to that Liverpool in May 2008 (over 2 years ago)

* Home PL Record:

P41 W29 D7 L5 GF:82 GA:24 94 / 123pts

Only Manure and Chelsea have earned more home points over the last 41 PL games..... both have over 103 pts / 123, then us with 94 and Arsenal with 89......

For those looking for a chink in our armour after a CL group game..... well the only defeat was when we had an away game at Bolton..... all our other group games have been followed by a home PL game, 2 wins and a draw so far.....

Unfortunately for you, seasons tend to be played out at home and away.

And thankfully our away form has improved beyond recognition......

Prior to HR arriving we would struggle north of Birmingham typically 11 or 12 games a season and would be lucky to have won 1 of those games a season.....

We have won at Stoke and Blackburn 2 years running, (I won't mention our record against you), we rarely lose at Everton, have not lost at Villa, Brum on the last couple of visits, can't buy a win at OT or Anfield..... but without checking the stats, I would reckon we are 12-15 pts better off away from home under HR than we were before him.....

Beating Arsenal last week at the Emirates was not just about winning away at them, or a SKY4 side or a NL Derby..... it was about the players believing they could beat them and that showed in a very un-Spurs like performance in midweek against (all be it a poor Bremen) side, that in years gone by we would have struggled to get past... but I saw complete confidence and a clinical despatching of a side that I have not witnessed from Spurs in years.....

Still without King, Dawson, THud and VDV..... and Defoe on the bench.....

Pool's away form is abysmal and without Gerrard they are not the same team....

So as much as you all would like a draw, I am very confident of 3 more points... then it is into December.... Brum (a) and Chavs (h) for us then we get to play the promoted sides at last Blackpool (a), Newcash (h) then Fulham (h) .....

I think it's highly likely you will beat Liverpool tomorrow.

However, despite all your hyperbole, we're still ahead of you in the league so we too must be doing something right.

we should be good enough to make the top 4 instead of hoping our rivals lose
so we do make the top 4.
I think spurs will make the 4 they are a very good side.
Which of the other 3 will drop out for us, who Noe's

Spurs are the bigger threat to a top 4 finish, so a dipper win would be preferable for me. Plus marcspurs is one of those overconfident irritants that is reminiscent you know who, hence it'd be nice to stuff his pie and mash back down his statistically incontinent throat, won't happen though, Spurs to win.

lloydie said:
Spurs are the bigger threat to a top 4 finish, so a dipper win would be preferable for me. Plus marcspurs is one of those overconfident irritants that is reminiscent you know who, hence it'd be nice to stuff his pie and mash back down his statistically incontinent throat, won't happen though, Spurs to win.

Pie and Mash?? Oh dear, talk about stereotype.....

P&M is an East End tradition associated with clubs like Wet Spam and Orient....

We are a N London club..... if you are going sling insults around at least make them accurate.....

As for over confident, I have every right being confident of my team winning at home if that irritates you does that not say more about your insecurities towards your own club?? And the fact that you too would like to go into games feeling confident, but are concerned that "same old City" feeling will take over.....

Let me tell you, until last season I felt the same way as you do.... but finishing 4th (and yes we still lose silly games, Wigam & Wet Spam) and now doing so well in the CL (in the hardest group according to UEFA rankings) has made me realise that this Spurs side is different, there is a belief and an arrogance that we can achieve something, and with a home record like ours over the last 2 years, you would also feel confident...

Arsenal (twice), Chelsea (twice), Pool (three times), City (three times), Villa (twice).... 12 games against top 4 rivals and not one of them has won at WHL.... In fact Manure have been twice and only won once...... so 14 games against CL rivals and 1 defeat... that breeds confidence among the players and fans alike......

marcspurs said:
lloydie said:

We are a N London club..... if you are going sling insults around at least make them accurate.....

As for over confident, I have every right being confident of my team winning at home if that irritates you does that not say more about your insecurities towards your own club?? And the fact that you too would like to go into games feeling confident, but are concerned that "same old City" feeling will take over.....

Let me tell you, until last season I felt the same way as you do.... but finishing 4th (and yes we still lose silly games, Wigam & Wet Spam) and now doing so well in the CL (in the hardest group according to UEFA rankings) has made me realise that this Spurs side is different, there is a belief and an arrogance that we can achieve something, and with a home record like ours over the last 2 years, you would also feel confident...

Arsenal (twice), Chelsea (twice), Pool (three times), City (three times), Villa (twice).... 12 games against top 4 rivals and not one of them has won at WHL.... In fact Manure have been twice and only won once...... so 14 games against CL rivals and 1 defeat... that breeds confidence among the players and fans alike......
''Glory glory'' (or whatever the fuck it's called) still down, is it?

marcspurs said:
lloydie said:

See, there you go. Your pedantry about pie and mash fits well with the statto shit, it's rather anal (see what I did there), and irritating. Lies, damn lies and statistics? We can all do it but it makes for endless "my dad's harder than yours' is" type threads.
You have every right to a certain confidence given you've got a really good side at the moment but you've admitted it yourself, it's arrogance when it becomes over-confidence. Not a pleasant attribute and as I said earlier, very like the rags. I have every right to dislike it and yes, it is heightened by the habitual 'typical city' mentality. I hope we keep the self-deprecating part of our nature when and if we achieve something of note. It's something you admit to having lost already despite having thus far only achieved a CL place. I hope and actually think we will achieve something more substantial than you in the long run.
It's a little sad that you feel the need to spend time on here tubthumping and wumming, when you could be having fun with your mates.
If you hadn't noticed this thread is about who WE, as City fans, would prefer to take the 3 pts, we can guess your preference without your input, which can, once again, be only described as attention seeking. You're tiresome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.