Spurs v Liverpool

Pezzer2 said:
Cant go wrong with a draw. If thats the case the 2 teams most likely to threaten us for top 4 wont make any headway. I still worry about Liverpool, they always seem to have that stroke of luck which is one thing we cant buy. Hopefully by the turn of year we can forge a big enough gap away from these 2 teams and i am sure our squad can see the season out with the best to come in the 2nd half of the season

I agree with that mate. Draw for me!

marcspurs said:
bluevengence said:
(Pie and Mash?? Oh dear, talk about stereotype.....

P&M is an East End tradition associated with clubs like Wet Spam and Orient....

We are a N London club..... if you are going sling insults around at least make them accurate)

I thought you are looking at moving to the east end ?

Don't believe all you read in the papers..... mostly bluster from Mr Levy to get Boris Johnston and Haringey council to remove their fingers from their arses and get a move on giving us permission for the new stadium at WHL....

Stratford would cost about £50-£70m less than WHL as we would rip down the Olympic Stadium and build a football stadium..... and then re-build Crystal Palace athletics stadium....

The other factor to look at is that we have already spent over £15m getting PP for the new WHL.... when was the last time you heard of a Jew wasting that sort of money (and before anyone gets on back for the Jewish joke, I am Jewish myself)....

But seriously, the club do not want to move, they now have the go ahead to acquire the remainder of the land under compulsory purchase orders and most of the land behind and to the side of the current stadium has already been cleared in readiness for the ground works to start.....

Slightly off topic. So it's ok for you to make jokes? if i or anyother non-Jew made a joke remark we would be fkin lambasted would'nt we? fuk, this pisses me off.

marcspurs said:
And thankfully our away form has improved beyond recognition......

Prior to HR arriving we would struggle north of Birmingham typically 11 or 12 games a season and would be lucky to have won 1 of those games a season.....

We have won at Stoke and Blackburn 2 years running, (I won't mention our record against you), we rarely lose at Everton, have not lost at Villa, Brum on the last couple of visits, can't buy a win at OT or Anfield..... but without checking the stats, I would reckon we are 12-15 pts better off away from home under HR than we were before him.....

Beating Arsenal last week at the Emirates was not just about winning away at them, or a SKY4 side or a NL Derby..... it was about the players believing they could beat them and that showed in a very un-Spurs like performance in midweek against (all be it a poor Bremen) side, that in years gone by we would have struggled to get past... but I saw complete confidence and a clinical despatching of a side that I have not witnessed from Spurs in years.....

Still without King, Dawson, THud and VDV..... and Defoe on the bench.....

Pool's away form is abysmal and without Gerrard they are not the same team....

So as much as you all would like a draw, I am very confident of 3 more points... then it is into December.... Brum (a) and Chavs (h) for us then we get to play the promoted sides at last Blackpool (a), Newcash (h) then Fulham (h) .....
Good Luck today. A draw or a Spurs win will do me. If Liverpool beat Spurs it will be a huge blow to Spurs hopes for top 4, but I'd fear a resurgent Liverpool a lot more than Spurs.

Liverpool have a horrible away record - something like 2 away League wins in 2010, but they are a team on the up. And Torres is back to something like his best.

marcspurs said:
Slightly away from the subject but something brought up on the Spurs forum I am on to do with Craig Bellamy.....

Spurs tried to sign (and failed) Joe Cole in the summer, then we moved to Craig Bellamy but Man City flatly refused to do any business with a CL rival (understandable).... so we went for the last resort in Van der Vaart...

Redknapp yesterday said had we got one of Cole or Bellamy we would not have even been in the market for VDV.....

With the benefit of hindsight, do you wish you had loaned us Bellamy now?? Realistically he could only have played 36 games max and may have scored a goal or two against your rivals.... whereas VDV who has 8 goals in 12 games has made a huge difference already....
Bellars has serious injury problems which is why he left to start games. I think he has played 7 League games so far and been considerably under par in those. He now claims to be approaching full fitness. I hope Cardiff go up so we can sell Bellamy to them.

Marvin said:
marcspurs said:
And thankfully our away form has improved beyond recognition......

Prior to HR arriving we would struggle north of Birmingham typically 11 or 12 games a season and would be lucky to have won 1 of those games a season.....

We have won at Stoke and Blackburn 2 years running, (I won't mention our record against you), we rarely lose at Everton, have not lost at Villa, Brum on the last couple of visits, can't buy a win at OT or Anfield..... but without checking the stats, I would reckon we are 12-15 pts better off away from home under HR than we were before him.....

Beating Arsenal last week at the Emirates was not just about winning away at them, or a SKY4 side or a NL Derby..... it was about the players believing they could beat them and that showed in a very un-Spurs like performance in midweek against (all be it a poor Bremen) side, that in years gone by we would have struggled to get past... but I saw complete confidence and a clinical despatching of a side that I have not witnessed from Spurs in years.....

Still without King, Dawson, THud and VDV..... and Defoe on the bench.....

Pool's away form is abysmal and without Gerrard they are not the same team....

So as much as you all would like a draw, I am very confident of 3 more points... then it is into December.... Brum (a) and Chavs (h) for us then we get to play the promoted sides at last Blackpool (a), Newcash (h) then Fulham (h) .....
Good Luck today. A draw or a Spurs win will do me. If Liverpool beat Spurs it will be a huge blow to Spurs hopes for top 4, but I'd fear a resurgent Liverpool a lot more than Spurs.

Liverpool have a horrible away record - something like 2 away League wins in 2010, but they are a team on the up. And Torres is back to something like his best.

They only beat a shit W.Ham the other night mate and had the odd draw, another heavy defeat will see the rats panicking and Mr. Torres will be spitting the dummy again.

buzzer1 said:
Marvin said:

They only beat a shit W.Ham the other night mate and had the odd draw, another heavy defeat will see the rats panicking and Mr. Torres will be spitting the dummy again.
They are on a decent run of results....eg beating Bolton at Bolton. Only recent blip has been 2-0 loss at Stoke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.