Spurs Vs City Post match thread.

Spurs looked a decent side to me and we put 5 past them away from home.

Played 20, won 18 and drawn 2. We are a magnificent team. We play the game the right way and tonight maybe we could have scored a couple more.

Any second now; if it isn't here already opposition teams will be beaten before the referee blows the first whistle.

At this precise moment in time we stand comparison with the Ajax and Leeds teams of the early seventies, the Liverpool side of Barnes and Beardsley, Arsene's invincibles and the Barca side from the season before last. I genuinely believe we are that good.

"Best team in the land, and all the world", we've sung this for long enough, I can't remember when it started, but I never thought it might one day be true. I won't say it is just yet, but it can't be far away if not.

I've watched some great stuff this season, but I think tonight's performance tops the lot, the sheer desire of our squad (not team) just now is something I've never seen in any other football team, we were still chasing lost causes in injury time, and had we taken our first half chances, it could have been a rugby score.

Hart was a virtual spectator, but the rest were fantastic. I wouldn't want to pick one player out as MoM, they all deserve it, and they are a complete team, with amazing spirit, seeing them celebrate in a huddle in front of us was brilliant.

To a man they came over and applauded the fans at the end, and its clear they are very appreciative of us, those who made the journey tonight take a bow, we sang almost non stop.

The whole club at the moment is ONE, like its never been in my time watching it, and I was lucky enough to see the late 60's / early 70's team.

The comeback against Watford on Saturday was very impressive, something I expected the team to produce at half time, but tonight's (second) demolition of Spurs, tells me we're watching something very very special right now. We've still some very hard games to come obviously, but I'm confident that we'll continue to take these games in our stride.

Outstanding tonight (in spite of the cheating twat in black).

cleavers said:
"Best team in the land, and all the world", we've sung this for long enough, I can't remember when it started, but I never thought it might one day be true. I won't say it is just yet, but it can't be far away if not.

I've watched some great stuff this season, but I think tonight's performance tops the lot, the sheer desire of our squad (not team) just now is something I've never seen in any other football team, we were still chasing lost causes in injury team, and had we taken our first half chances, it could have been a rugby score.

Hart was a virtual spectator, but the rest were fantastic. I wouldn't want to pick one player out as MoM, they all deserve it, and they are a complete team, with amazing spirit, seeing them celebrate in a huddle in front of us was brilliant.

To a man they came over and applauded the fans at the end, and its clear they are very appreciative of us, those who made the journey tonight take a bow, we sang almost non stop.

The whole club at the moment is ONE, like its never been in my time watching it, and I was lucky enough to see the late 60's / early 70's team.

The comeback against Watford on Saturday was very impressive, something I expected the team to produce at half time, but tonight's (second) demolition of Spurs, tells me we're watching something very very special right now. We've still some very hard games to come obviously, but I'm confident that we'll continue to take these games in our stride.

Holistic in a nutshell, well played all.

cleavers said:

I've watched some great stuff this season, but I think tonight's performance tops the lot, the sheer desire of our squad (not team) just now is something I've never seen in any other football team, we were still chasing lost causes in injury team, and had we taken our first half chances, it could have been a rugby score.

great post!!
well done blues!!

What a bunch of arrogant; bitter twats those spuds lot are. Just got back to hotel in Marylebone after a nice post match session in a lebanese shisa cafe near paddington but the overriding memory is one of.......spoilt bunch of cockney cnuts!!!!

I am fortunate enough to have the use of 4 corporate tickets through my company in the 'gary mabbutt lounge'. Before the game mabbutt slagged off dzeko saying he was lazy. After we had spanked them and made them look like a fucking sunday league team gary mabbut, graham roberts and tony galvin absolutely ripped into our club and especially dzeko. "We got beat be 10 men cos dzeko is a waste of sspace", "he's stealing a living". Absolutely fucking livid with what I can best describe as the rags of london. That us all spurs are. man yoo who play in white. Comments from fans around me we fookin comical.

*apologises for potential sspelling mistakes as is absolutely mortal!

sh249 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Remember us under Keegan in Division One?

That's what we're doing now.

Exactly that feeling. Fucking beautiful.

Performance tonight was outrageous - forget any nonsense about decisions, almost embarrassingly one-sided. Could - and arguably should - have run up a cricket score - could have been 4 or 5 up inside the opening 20 minutes.

They couldn't get the ball off us.It was men against boys. You could see it in their faces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.