Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

Going forward was just dredful. Sterling needs to join Navas practising shooting. Aguero just dont seem to be at the races at all.

Can't understand where Sergio is at the moment. He should be match fit by now. There was one occasion in the first half where he seemed to want about half a dozen touches in the area before he was winding up for the shot. Last season there was an economy about him that seems to have been left in South America!

I cannot understand, either, why Sterling is so noticeably wayward with his finishing. He has near cast iron chances that we FOCs in CBL3 could waft in with our proggies and he makes a four and ninepence of 'em! Very puzzling.

- Started well, lost control of the game and didn't show the same effort, desire and pace of Spurs
- Numerous offside goals not called

Nobody played well today.

What a strange game, everything went against us, don't think we played so bad to lose 4-1

No Kompany, Silva or Harte. Augero seems frightened to get injured. The problem was the second they scored (like against United) we chanced the game and lost our shape. Pellegrini blamed Milner for the Derby defeat but will put this mess down to bad luck and injuries.

As poor as we've been for as far as I can remember. Leaving aside the offside goal(s) and particularly their first, two things are very apparent. There was no fight or passion in the second half. We caved in and offered no resistance. We looked a beaten team even at 1-2. The famous City "we'll fight to the end" seems lost. The other thing is our lack of physicality. I've always regarded Spurs as a weak and "soft" team with no stomach for a battle. This season it seems like we've lost that domination we used to have and we look a "small" team physically. We play that way and Spurs basically put their foot in and fought much harder than we did. More than half our team used to be six foot plus. Now we've got Kolarov and Otamendi and Toure.
We need Silva, Kompany, Mangala and Hart back asap. Aguero looks so worryingly out of form it's frightening. Sterling has done nothing to impress me so far and sorry to say but Dimichelis looked a shambles out there today. Otamendi mixes good defending with a series a howlers and has much to improve on. De Bruyne basically disappeared in the second half.

We lost 4-2 to the RAGS last season it was the kick up the arse we needed then we go unbeaten for 11... so be ready blues for the players to respond again..

HAVE FAITH

We did that when the league was all but won by Chelsea.

When the pressure is on for some reason our team collapses.

I'm in the middle of writing a letter to Pellegrini to never, ever substitute Fernandinho whilst Fernando stays on the park, even if Dinho has one leg.

Missing the spine of the team hart kompany abd silva. Only one by manager choice.
Second half v poor -? Poor half time talk

Didnt mind the west ham result as we battered them but couldn't score.
This one more worrying.

Should be rectified by return of the spine sterling really needs silva to be most threatening.

Officiating was the usual poor standard but spurs look es like they wanted it more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.