Spurs Vs City Pre match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perfect fumble said:
hallstreetblue said:
Marvin said:
That was also said when City lost at Arsenal to go 8 points behind

Beat Spurs, and the gap will be 10 points. We don't play them this time, but they play Chelsea and Arsenal and anyone can take points off them at present. LDWWLLWD.

It's unlikely as it was last season, but the miracle happened. Don't give up what we worked so hard for last season. Make them fight for it and if their form of the last 8 games keeps up, we will go very very close if we win our games. That's not an unreasonable assumption. Win our games and Utd are averaging a draw a game at the minute

I'm with you on this mate. I don't think there was any belief against Wigan that we could actually catch em. However now there really is a chance. With Zaba and Clichy back in on Sunday, we should go all out and terrorise the spuds. The rags will lose to Villa. It's on the cards. BELIEVE!!!

I love your optimism, But Aston Villa turning over the scum at the swamp? I'm having difficulty imagining that.

I haven't yet come across one of those arrogant red twats that are singing and dancing and celebrating about the Prem title leaving Manchester. They're shitting themselves just in case their world implodes again. So while there is a still a mathematical possibility of us retaining the title, let the fookers sweat and arse tweak.

Surprise,surprise.........

Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that he expects Gareth Bale to be fit to play in Sunday's Premier League game against Manchester City.

Bale has returned to training in the last couple of days after recovering from the ankle injury he sustained in the Europa League clash with FC Basel two and half weeks ago, with Villas-Boas insisting he will not be taking a gamble by naming the Welshman in his starting line-up for the crucial game against champions City at White Hart Lane.

"He has made good progress from the beginning of the week to train with the team," Villas-Boas said. "He has a good chance to play. I think he will be okay. I don't think it will be a gamble for him to play."

No shock there that Bale will be back it was always the case it's just the usual bullshit leeks from spurs that he won't make it! Just surprises AVB didn't say he is still very doubtful but then play him

Blumers Bloomers said:
sam-caddick said:
------------------Hart---------------

Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy

-------Barry------------Yaya-------

Tevez-----------Nasri----------Silva

-----------------Dzeko--------------

We have nothing to lose now, lets just go for it!

You can't drop Dzeko after scoring 4 at The Lane last season, Silva should hopefully be fit again and Agüero has to be watched carefully from now until the cup final so I wouldn't risk him after tweaking his hamstring yesterday, having him on the bench would be better in my opinion.

I just hope we don't play like we have nothing to play for because Tottenham, if they play a full team, will come at us for 90mins and it could be a nightmare to watch.

We still have a 2nd place position to consolidate.

Unfortunately, you can drop Dzeko, that's exactly what happened inexplicably the very next game!

Just hope we get through the next few games unscathed injury wise - want a full squad available for 11th May

This in bold cracked me up alright :-)

Marvin said:
----------------Hart

Zabaleta-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy

---------------Garcia

----Milner-----Yaya------Silva

---------------Nasri

---------------Tevez

With Aguero on for Tevez in the last 30 minutes

Win and the League will be on for 24 hours, and you never know. Wigan and Everton took points off Utd at the same period last season. If Villa do that then it will be down to 11 points with a game in hand and Utd playing Chelsea and Arsenal and off form.

I think SPurs will beat us if I'm honest, but then I always manage to convince myself the next fixture is going to be really tough so I don't trust myself on this. Just win the game and force Utd to do what they have to to win it. Don't make it easy for them.

The telegraph pole formation, they won't be expecting that.

Ducado said:
Big game this

If we play like we did against Wigan, I fear for us if we play like we did against teh Rags and Chelsea I fear for them

Which City will turn up?

All thoughts in here please

This is normally the time of the season where Spuds drop like a stone and we (with a touch of luck ie wigan) win..

3-1 city for me.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
rTdmZbo.jpg

Unamused.jpg

Indiscipline under pressure ?? Oh what like playing for 83 mins at home to Wigan who had us under pressure theres no denying...

Then we won the game..

Ok Adebye bye, dream on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.