Spurs Vs City Pre match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will win the game. I'm not overly concerned by the return of Bale, as I think they have rushed him back and the likely hood is, especially with his past injury record, is that he will aggravate the injury and not last the 90 mins. Clichy will cope with Lennon with ease and komps and nasty will deal with Defoe and Adebayor. Also whether or not Bale lasts the distance, he is going to be up against either zaba or richards, who are both more than capable of dealing with him. We are in good nick at the minute and regardless of who plays for them, we are stronger and better, and more importantly have no pressure on us to get in to the top four and it would be easier for them if they were playing at our place, rather than at WHL.

baldybouncer said:
The perfect fumble said:
hallstreetblue said:
I'm with you on this mate. I don't think there was any belief against Wigan that we could actually catch em. However now there really is a chance. With Zaba and Clichy back in on Sunday, we should go all out and terrorise the spuds. The rags will lose to Villa. It's on the cards. BELIEVE!!!

I love your optimism, But Aston Villa turning over the scum at the swamp? I'm having difficulty imagining that.

I haven't yet come across one of those arrogant red twats that are singing and dancing and celebrating about the Prem title leaving Manchester. They're shitting themselves just in case their world implodes again. So while there is a still a mathematical possibility of us retaining the title, let the fookers sweat and arse tweak.

Just to keep my hopes up I had a look at statto.com to compare where we are now with the same number of games last year.Despite the media presenting it as all sewn up, ManUre are actually only 2 points better off,while we are only 3 points worse off than at the same stage last year and we all remember how that scenario eventually turned out !!

That might well be the difference between winning and losing the title but if we win at WHL and Villa get something from Monday night,we might yet see the implosion Manure fans nightmares are made of! Chelsea and Arsenal will have to play to win to stay in the fight for top 4 and on their day both Swansea and WBA are capable of an upset! Keep winning one game at a time lads and who knows! It ain't over till the ........

2011/12
P W D L F A Diff+ Pts
ManUre 33 25 4 4 78 28 50 79
City 32 22 5 5 75 26 49 71

2012/13

ManUre 33 26 3 4 75 35 40 81
City 32 20 8 4 58 27 31 68

As Elvis sang in the '68 TV special "If I can dream of a better land.....why can't my dream come true" CTID

waspish said:
No shock there that Bale will be back it was always the case it's just the usual bullshit leeks from spurs that he won't make it! Just surprises AVB didn't say he is still very doubtful but then play him

Cue a crunching tackle from Zab on Bale in the first 5 mins!

Problem solved!!

Blue Elvis said:
baldybouncer said:
The perfect fumble said:
I love your optimism, But Aston Villa turning over the scum at the swamp? I'm having difficulty imagining that.

I haven't yet come across one of those arrogant red twats that are singing and dancing and celebrating about the Prem title leaving Manchester. They're shitting themselves just in case their world implodes again. So while there is a still a mathematical possibility of us retaining the title, let the fookers sweat and arse tweak.

Just to keep my hopes up I had a look at statto.com to compare where we are now with the same number of games last year.Despite the media presenting it as all sewn up, ManUre are actually only 2 points better off,while we are only 3 points worse off than at the same stage last year and we all remember how that scenario eventually turned out !!

That might well be the difference between winning and losing the title but if we win at WHL and Villa get something from Monday night,we might yet see the implosion Manure fans nightmares are made of! Chelsea and Arsenal will have to play to win to stay in the fight for top 4 and on their day both Swansea and WBA are capable of an upset! Keep winning one game at a time lads and who knows! It ain't over till the ........

2011/12
P W D L F A Diff+ Pts
ManUre 33 25 4 4 78 28 50 79
City 32 22 5 5 75 26 49 71

2012/13

ManUre 33 26 3 4 75 35 40 81
City 32 20 8 4 58 27 31 68

As Elvis sang in the '68 TV special "If I can dream of a better land.....why can't my dream come true" CTID

Missed this when I posted earlier - however the big difference from last year is we still had to play them at the Etihad and we all know how that one turned out! Also, wasn't their 33rd match last year the Wigan defeat? Can't see any similar miracles happening this year, I'm afraid!

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
id play rodwell for this and give barry or toure a rest. Hes more than good enough

I think we should use this game to ease Rodwell in by playing 45 minutes like the game against Chelsea at home.

My biggest concern though is whether Barry can cope with 4 games in two weeks.

Garcia---Rodwell

-----Yaya-----

Wrighty Wrexham said:
waspish said:
No shock there that Bale will be back it was always the case it's just the usual bullshit leeks from spurs that he won't make it! Just surprises AVB didn't say he is still very doubtful but then play him

Cue a crunching tackle from Zab on Bale in the first 5 mins!

Problem solved!!

I dont usually condone violence,but.. this

Strange how quickly things turn... last week Bale, Defoe, and Lennon were supposed to miss the game, now they're supposed to make it... while there are "doubts" about Aguero and Silva (surely Silva will make it?). Anyway, a draw would be a decent result except for the uber-optimists who still believe we can win the league. Hoping AVB plays his high line as it'd give Silva the space he usually doesn't get anymore to play through balls.

We should win this, Spurs are on a downward spiral of form and can hardly score goals at the moment.

3-1 win for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.