Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice Chelsea have got a full strength team out v Stoke whereas MP managed to rest a number of players (at least for 45 mins) yesterday.

This is the sort of thing that may make a difference at the end if the day as Chelsea players going to be more likely to pick up injuries and tire as the season progresses.
Having a deeper squad and their effective rotation should pay off.
Strongest team v Spuds should be nice and fresh!

Burtonblue said:
Notice Chelsea have got a full strength team out v Stoke whereas MP managed to rest a number of players (at least for 45 mins) yesterday.

This is the sort of thing that may make a difference at the end if the day as Chelsea players going to be more likely to pick up injuries and tire as the season progresses.
CFC only have 1 injury - Torres. They have 2 top teams - we would too if we only had 1 player out

Marvin said:
Burtonblue said:

CFC only have 1 injury - Torres. They have 2 top teams - we would too if we only had 1 player out
My point is they are at full strength today. More games = more chances of injuries.
MP tends to rotate his players far more than the special one.
I think this will be to our ultimate advantage in the league.
Mind you, I wasn't thinking the same way at half time yesterday but it was worth resting some if the guys in the end.

3rdgenerationblue said:
this game has the same feel as toon away a couple of years ago.

if we win then it's our title.

scary stuff, but better than Gillingham at Wembley

love the new city love the entertainers.

This is nothing like the Newcastle game, were only in January. We should be looking at 4 points in these two games, 6 would be brilliant. Got a fairly easy February in the league which we could build a much needed lead at the top for the run in.

Spurs now at full strength and rested for a week.

Will Sherwood stick with his winning team or bring some of their better players back?

TBH I'm worried about this fixture. Will really test us, and show us if City are really capable of winning these remaining difficult away fixtures.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:55 pm --<br /><br />Spurs now at full strength and rested for a week.

Will Sherwood stick with his winning team or bring some of their better players back?

TBH I'm worried about this fixture. Will really test us, and show us if City are really capable of winning these remaining difficult away fixtures.

Dax777 said:
I know folks want to big up this game and all, but their is only 1 thru big game next week: Chelsea!!

The result of the Spurs game matters no more than that of any of the other games. But beat Chelsea and we are guaranteed to stay 1 point ahead of them.

So in terms of what will be great:
Win both: 4 point gap
Tie Spurs beat Chelsea: 2 point gap
Beat Spurs, tie Chelsea: 1 point gap maintained
Lose Spurs, beat Chelsea: 1 point gap maintained
Beat Spurs, lose Chelsea: drop 2 points behind
Tie both: drop 1 point behind

So for me beating Chelsea is the key. We simply must win that game. Against Spurs, a win will be great, tie or loss isn't world ending either. So long as we beat Chelsea.

What if Chelsea beat West Ham
Spurs beat us
Chelsea 2 points in front
Then Chelsea beat us
Chelsea 5 points in front

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.