Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
birchwoodgingerste said:
cityranger said:
lancs blue said:
I have no idea why so many are naming Demichelis in their team for WHL after today's shambolic first half, has to be Komps and Lescott at CB.
Don't rate Demichelis at all, too slow, especially on the turn.

ID try boyata alongside vinny i still have faith in him his poor games have been at right back.
You are taking the piss arnt you?

Demichelis was no worse than any other City player in the 1st half v Watford. Only Navas did well in the 1st half. 2nd half Demichelis played very well.

I prefer Demihelis to Lescott, and nasty hasn't played enough games so I'd go for a Kompany Demichelis partnership

Marvin said:
Demichelis was no worse than any other City player in the 1st half v Watford. Only Navas did well in the 1st half. 2nd half Demichelis played very well.

I prefer Demihelis to Lescott, and nasty hasn't played enough games so I'd go for a Kompany Demichelis partnership
Agreed. Everyone blames Martin including the pundits. You have to blame pellegrini for the first half playing such a high line with two slow centre backs. I also thought Rodwell and lopes struggled immensely in the first half.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Marvin said:

Agreed. Everyone blames Martin including the pundits. You have to blame pellegrini for the first half playing such a high line with two slow centre backs. I also thought Rodwell and lopes struggled immensely in the first half.
Kompany and lescott or Demichelis is a much better partnership because of Kompany's pace. However have seen Kompany make mistakes recently eg Noone goal and no one says much. Demichelis as a quality footballer who like Kompany could play in midfield. It makes such a difference having a central defender who can bring the ball out of defence and who can pass the ball accurately into the midfield/forwards

Surprised to see so many favouring Clichy, with the reason apparently being to counter Lennon's pace. Clichy has been embarrassingly outpaced on some notable occasions over the past few months. Kolarov has been far and away the better left back this year. About on par with Clichy in defence, but sublimely superb attacking down the left wing with great deliveries into the box. Kolarov any day of the week for me.

Also, this was the last I saw of Negredo's injury - still looked very possible for him to make the Spurs game.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9131406/manchester-city-striker-alvaro-negredo-hasnt-suffered-serious-shoulder-injury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... der-injury</a>

lasereyes said:
Surprised to see so many favouring Clichy, with the reason apparently being to counter Lennon's pace. Clichy has been embarrassingly outpaced on some notable occasions over the past few months. Kolarov has been far and away the better left back this year. About on par with Clichy in defence, but sublimely superb attacking down the left wing with great deliveries into the box. Kolarov any day of the week for me.

Also, this was the last I saw of Negredo's injury - still looked very possible for him to make the Spurs game.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9131406/manchester-city-striker-alvaro-negredo-hasnt-suffered-serious-shoulder-injury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... der-injury</a>
20b1pvl.png

Watched Spurs a few times recently and much of their success has come through clogging the midfield and on moments of inspiration Adebayor. Against Swansea and Palace they rode their luck and could, definitely should, have been behind. Scoring first is therefore important and I'd also favour someone at the back who can bully Adebayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.