Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel said:
Watched Spurs a few times recently and much of their success has come through clogging the midfield and on moments of inspiration Adebayor. Against Swansea and Palace they rode their luck and could, definitely should, have been behind. Scoring first is therefore important and I'd also favour someone at the back who can bully Adebayor.

Here's to you Vincent Kompany

alky313 said:
Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastasic
Kolarov

Fernandinho
Toure

Jovetic
Silva
Navas

Would go this way other than instead of Jov I would play Negredo or Milner if fit, and if not then Garcia holding and Yaya further forward
Aguero

No Negredo and Nasri so id drop Kolarov and play Clichy for speed and id play Jovetic in the Nasri role and play attacking. Adebayor is strong so Lescott against him makes sense.

Hart

Clichy
Kompany
Lescott
Zabba

Yaya
Fernandinho
Silva
Jovetic

Dzeko
Aguero

Kompany should do a man marking job on Adebayor. It's not rocket science to think Adebayor's going try and spin in behind Demichelis at every available opportunity.

SrilankanBlue said:
‏@SunMartinB 21m
Negredo gave thumbs up when asked by Richard Tanner on sat if he's fit for Spurs. Not entirely sure he understood Tanner's question though.

Probably thought he was referring to riding horses.

I have to confess to being a Kolarov convert this season, under Pellegrini's style he seems to have prospered. In addition Clichy seems to have regressed, so I would start Kolarov with the hope of pinning their fullbacks back. It leaves the option of bringing in Clichy and playing Kolarov in a more advanced role.

I would also be happy to see Aguero up front and Jovetic in a withdrawn free role.

So

Hart
Zabaleta MDM VK Kompany
Yaya Ferdininho
Navas Jovetic Silva
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.