Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammutly said:
I don't share the concerns some people have about this one. I think the first half against Watford was a great lesson for us about the need to play with a high tempo from the get go. In a strange way, I think that experience has set us up nicely for this game.

I entirely agree with this. The kick up the arse in first half against Watford will have sharpened everyone's minds wonderfully, I believe. No, really, I think we've got too much for them. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but I'm expecting nothing less than the three points from this, with rested players back. If we don't start going clear during these next two months, then we've got a hellish fixture list in the last month and a half.

Len Rum said:
Marvin said:
I'm with Tolmie on this. We're all expecting a very difficult fixture, and in the circumstances of a few injuries, and Spurs improvement in form and extra motivation, a draw looks like a reasonable result.

City should be favourites, but there must also be a significant chance that it will be a draw or Spurs win. On paper this is one of City's most difficult remaining League fixtures. We've got Arsenal, Utd, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton to play away, and I'd take a point from all those games.

If you look at our away form so far, it's won 5, drawn 2, and lost 4 so draws in the above mentioned games would represent an improvement on what we have done so far, providing we can win the "easier" away fixtures.
Please, five draws is not good enough, you'd be better going two wins three losses, although probably the win would need to be against Arse.
I don't think drawing all 5 would be bad, but I would think 8 or 9 points would be good (and 3 from Chelsea), as even the draws would give us more points than any of the others from our respective games against each other, so a defeat in any (Chelsea apart which we must win imho) is not a disaster, so long as we get back on it quickly. If we were to lose 2 then we'd need to win the others, and one of those could do with being Arsenal.

I'm confident MP will have us set up right for them all, it won't stop individual errors obviously, but we're the better team, and playing the better football, we need to start well in them all though. I think Liverpool will be the toughest, but they are all tough games that our players will be relishing in this run of form.

7 wins from 8 at home (freak defeat by Chelsea) is 21 pts
2 wins and a draw and 2 defeats in the 5 hard aways with 3 other victories on the road is 16 points

total 87 pts which should be enough this season.

2r25gzr.jpg

This is the team/formation from the beginning of the previous 6=0 home match Sunday 24th November.

It's a win from me, probably in the Newcastle manner

The fact spurs will attack us only makes me more confident

The difference here is that previously when one of the strikers has an off day the other delivers, we have so many goals in us that I can't see a team stopping us scoring 2 or 3, can people see spurs putting 2 in against us? I can't.......

3-1 city which sets up nicely for the chavs

We knew this period was upon us, the team and MP will be ready and it will provide us with the cushion that sees us create the gap our form deserves!!!

Think the Newcastle game showed us how city can stick in there and battle especially with the crowd baying for blood and the ref giving us fuck all

gona be a huge game, they playing well under sherwood tbh, and with chelski just over the horizon a win will send a message as well. should take this 2-0 imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.