Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Hihosilva said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not sure why, but think we will get our arses served on a plate.

We have lost to worse teams than them this season and think we might get done for pace out wide.

Can even see a dodgy penalty and red card in it for us.

The thing most concerned about is Hart rooted at set pieces. Spuds have a lot of height with Adebayor, Dawson, Vertonghen, Chirches, Sandro.

Think we should set up like game at Chelsea and throw an extra body in the middle and feel our way in.

Otherwise, 3-1 to them.

Not a disaster at this stage and right back on track against Chelsea.

Be both delighted and surprised to be proved wrong.

Yeah,caused us major problems at the Etihad - Oh what was the score?

Fucking hell, not been watching football too long then?

If results and performances at home also guaranteed the three points away from home, this title would be over.

I have tipped us for the title all season, but not stupid to think we can't lose more games along the way.

We're unbeaten in 18 games- no reason to loose this one either.

Hihosilva said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Hihosilva said:

If results and performances at home also guaranteed the three points away from home, this title would be over.

I have tipped us for the title all season, but not stupid to think we can't lose more games along the way.

We're unbeaten in 18 games- no reason to loose this one either.

Perhaps your wording could have been a bit less melodramatic?

Hihosilva said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Hihosilva said:

We're unbeaten in 19 games- no reason to loose this one either.

Edit

I understand your concerns Tolmie, but throwing in "I can even see a dodgy penalty and a red card" just makes the whole post ridiculous. In terms of their pace out wide, I think our full backs generally cope quite well with this. It is simple errors in the middle, and being carved open easily that is the worry. I think that Spurs will struggle to contain our passing and movement, Dawson was bossed by Negredo and his movement will open things up for Aguero. I think Fernandinho and Yaya can contain the Spurs midfield and Kompany can contain Adebayor - who will be more than up for this game.

Will all depend on the first goal in my opinion, whilst the spuds have improved, theyre generally better away from home and if they look to dictate the game against us they could get spanked. I do not think Sherwood is very tactically astute.

supercity88 said:
I understand your concerns Tolmie, but throwing in "I can even see a dodgy penalty and a red card" just makes the whole post ridiculous. In terms of their pace out wide, I think our full backs generally cope quite well with this. It is simple errors in the middle, and being carved open easily that is the worry. I think that Spurs will struggle to contain our passing and movement, Dawson was bossed by Negredo and his movement will open things up for Aguero. I think Fernandinho and Yaya can contain the Spurs midfield and Kompany can contain Adebayor - who will be more than up for this game.

Will all depend on the first goal in my opinion, whilst the spuds have improved, theyre generally better away from home and if they look to dictate the game against us they could get spanked. I do not think Sherwood is very tactically astute.

Ridiculous you say?

I have been to White Hart Lane plenty of times.

Don't kid yourself, their fans will treat this as a cup final and looking for payback for the result at ours.

What's not to dismiss so easily that the referee will be put under a lot of pressure?

It's another element I have chosen to consider.

It's probably more relevant and factual than whatever else transpires on the night.

Like it or not, our tremendous form has got outsiders talking crap about a quad, and that makes us an even more prized scalp than usual.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
supercity88 said:

Ridiculous you say?

Don't kid yourself, their fans will treat this as a cup final and looking for payback for the result at ours.

What's not to dismiss so easily that the referee will be put under a lot of pressure?

It's probably more relevant and factual than whatever else transpires on the night.

Like it or not, our tremendous form has got outsiders talking crap about a quad, and that makes us an even more prized scalp than usual.

Oh Tolmie, we are all there with you. The amount of superstitious and ridiculous rituals I have before and during games. But in terms of a rationale for what might happen I don't like to include those. I try to keep it logical. When a magpie sweeps in just after Hart saves the penalty and Kompany heads down the tunnel after being given his marching orders - bad bad things will happen!

supercity88 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
supercity88 said:

Ridiculous you say?

Oh Tolmie, we are all there with you. The amount of superstitious and ridiculous rituals I have before and during games. But in terms of a rationale for what might happen I don't like to include those. I try to keep it logical. When a magpie sweeps in just after Hart saves the penalty and Kompany heads down the tunnel after being given his marching orders - bad bad things will happen!

Haha!

White Hart Lane seems to be one of the few grounds left which has a real atmosphere when the mood takes it.

If Negredo starts, our chances increase plenty.

Don't want to see Dzeko on that pitch and would rather see Yaya and Jovetic take it in turns to link up the attack with Sergio.

A night for old fashioned runners and bollocks to enable Silva to make the difference.

Who has been appointed to ref this one? Just asking due to the worries over penalties and red cards. It is a fixture we have suffered on the wrong side of bad decisions a few times not least Chimbonda's goal with his hand while offside from a wrongly awarded free kick.

I don't share the concerns some people have about this one. I think the first half against Watford was a great lesson for us about the need to play with a high tempo from the get go. In a strange way, I think that experience has set us up nicely for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.