Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Tolmie on this. We're all expecting a very difficult fixture, and in the circumstances of a few injuries, and Spurs improvement in form and extra motivation, a draw looks like a reasonable result.

City should be favourites, but there must also be a significant chance that it will be a draw or Spurs win. On paper this is one of City's most difficult remaining League fixtures. We've got Arsenal, Utd, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton to play away, and I'd take a point from all those games.

If you look at our away form so far, it's won 5, drawn 2, and lost 4 so draws in the above mentioned games would represent an improvement on what we have done so far, providing we can win the "easier" away fixtures.

Obviously we will play for 3 points but i wouldn't say no to a draw if I was offered it.

Marvin said:
I'm with Tolmie on this. We're all expecting a very difficult fixture, and in the circumstances of a few injuries, and Spurs improvement in form and extra motivation, a draw looks like a reasonable result.

City should be favourites, but there must also be a significant chance that it will be a draw or Spurs win. On paper this is one of City's most difficult remaining League fixtures. We've got Arsenal, Utd, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton to play away, and I'd take a point from all those games.

If you look at our away form so far, it's won 5, drawn 2, and lost 4 so draws in the above mentioned games would represent an improvement on what we have done so far, providing we can win the "easier" away fixtures.

Our form in all competitions is phenomenal at the moment. The early season setbacks no longer count as "form".

mammutly said:
Marvin said:

Our form in all competitions is phenomenal at the moment. The early season setbacks no longer count as "form".
True, but they show up in our points total, and indicate that should we draw it would not be a disaster, as we have drawn/lost these games to date and yet are I contention.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:10 pm --<br /><br />Huge boost that Negredo maybe available. If he doesn't make this game, then he should make Chelsea, and Milner sounds like he is close as well. Apparently he was not in full training with the rest of the players, but working hard 1 on 1.

pavelsrnicek said:
Who has been appointed to ref this one? Just asking due to the worries over penalties and red cards. It is a fixture we have suffered on the wrong side of bad decisions a few times not least Chimbonda's goal with his hand while offside from a wrongly awarded free kick.

Peter Walton coming out of retirement

Marvin said:

Please, five draws is not good enough, you'd be better going two wins three losses, although probably the win would need to be against Arse.

Marvin said:
mammutly said:
Marvin said:

True, but they show up in our points total, and indicate that should we draw it would not be a disaster, as we have drawn/lost these games to date and yet are I contention.

Our last 19 games in all comps: W 17. D 2. L0

Our current form suggests 3 points on Wednesday. Spurs results have improved, their 'form' has been far from impressive. Our next two games give us the chance to send a very clear message to the rest. I believe we'll take it.

Len Rum said:
Marvin said:

Please, five draws is not good enough, you'd be better going two wins three losses, although probably the win would need to be against Arse.
I posted our away results so far this season to prove that it is good enough

We've played 11 aways and failed to win more than half of them, so it is good enough (we are a point off the top with that away form)......providing we win most of our other away games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.