Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
Sherwood will pack the midfield I have no doubt all this 2 up front wing play will go out the window against us

that would be my guess too, he is still in his job interview phase...doesnt want to fuck it up shipping 6 goals.

Spurs have had a recent resurgence and they are now being more attacking. They're new manager is still on a good run and things are going well for them. They are at home and therefore will be under pressure to attack us and to right the 6-0 defeat from earlier in the season. I think all of these things will work against them. If they do come and attack us we can counter and I think if we score first it will be comfortable. Spurs are on a good run without being unplayable, whereas at times we are exactly that. A ground we have improved on in recent seasons, I think we can go and win. Pellegrini will certainly believe we can and that will be the difference.

It's gonna be a very difficult game, to start off with the most obvious remark I could think of. They are at home (always a tough place to go to) and on a good run regaining some confidence since the departure of AVB. Adebayour will be up for this one and when he is, he is dangerous opposition.

We have had relatively easy matches provided the opportunity to rotate without ever playing our stringest line-up. At Spurs we will have the strongest line-up ready to start. And it'll be a stronger line-up to the one when we played Spurs at home.

If we win we make a big statement towards the upcoming awayfixtures. We are playing with a mood lately that says we will win every match. Even though we are on such an immens run the opposition hardly dropped any points themselves, so we need to get the 3 points. No matter what ...

Our next 2 games are games against teams who are 3rd (Spurs) and 2nd (Chelsea) in the form table.
Sherwood has done a good job and turned it around for them.
If he's watched any City game this season then Sherwood will play 4-3-3 against us and get as many forwards up against our defence as quickly as possible.

They have tightened at the back and they needed to.

Top four is the minimum target for them this season given their early demise in both Cups and the likelihood they will come up short in Europa.

Their only major challenge so far since Sherwood took over they came up well short namely Arsenal in the Cup.

Their win at Southampton was a top effort but Swansea away in free fall and crippled with injuries was nothing to get too excited over.

Again it will be more what we do than what they do but we will need to up the anti a bit to come away with a win which we can do.

If we are at our best Spurs cannot expect anything but a loss.

If Fernandinho keeps Eriksen quiet and Adebayor is marked into a sulk, there's no reason we shouldn't be quite comfortable: 3-1 City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.