Squad for next season

kiam06 said:
Personally I'd cash in on Yaya and possibly Nasri and Aguero if his injuries are as bad as feared.

haha I can see your reasoning but absolutely not! Yaya has been nommed for PFA player of the year and you wanna get rid of him? World class Aguero is injured a bit and out he goes too eh, thanks for the title Sergio but do one! Nasri I would keep as well. We should add quality to our existing quality and the only thing I'd drastically change is our tactics.

GK - Casillas, Hart.
DF - Kompany, Mangala, MDM, Nastasic
RB - Zabaleta, Sagna
LB - Moreno, Kolarov
DFM - Fernando, Huws
CM - Yaya, Fernandinho, Zuculini
AM - Silva, Nasri, Navas, Muniain
FW - Kun, Negredo, Jovetic

The main priority in the summer should be to improve our defence and add some real strength in depth to our midfield, there isn't much wrong with our attack as we have scored nearly 150 goals this season but I would consider selling Dzeko and bringing in another attacking midfielder.

sam-caddick said:
GK - Casillas, Hart.
DF - Kompany, Mangala, MDM, Nastasic
RB - Zabaleta, Sagna
LB - Moreno, Kolarov
DFM - Fernando, Huws
CM - Yaya, Fernandinho, Zuculini
AM - Silva, Nasri, Navas, Muniain
FW - Kun, Negredo, Jovetic

The main priority in the summer should be to improve our defence and add some real strength in depth to our midfield, there isn't much wrong with our attack as we have scored nearly 150 goals this season but I would consider selling Dzeko and bringing in another attacking midfielder.

100% agreed, that would be amazing squad also with right balance. I think we desperately need someone from left to cut inside and cause panic to opposition defenders that is what we have been lacking for years now. Muniain would be good solution, young, and quite cheap £15 million price tag thrown around.

Dzeko just doesn't fit the style we play simple as that and he is also on big bucks so wage bill would be reduced and some £15 million fee to get from him.

We need a 25 man squad for the PL and 8 of them has to be home grown. If its less than 8 like 5 than 25 man squad will be 22. (+All the youngsters we have.)

Lets say Barry, Lescott, Richards, Sinclair all leave what is pretty sure given the infos we have on them. And the expected incoming players are Sagna, Mangala, Fernando.

That would make our squad:
Hart, Pantilimon, Wright (3)
Zab, sagna (2)
Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis, Nastasic (4)
Kolarov, Clichy (2)
Garcia, Rodwell, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya (5)
Nasri, Silva, Milner, Navas (4)
Agüero, Jovetic, Dzeko, Negredo (4)

Its 24 players but only Hart, Clichy, Milner, Wright, Rodwell are home grown so we could only register 22 players. Two of the non home grown players could not play in PL for us in this scenario.

What still could be changed is and english back up instead of Pantilimon but thats hardly makes our squad stronger but helps the rules...
(Unless its Begovic as he is home grown...)

Also signing Shaw instead of Kolarov or Coleman/Clyne instead of Sagna, or some English striker instead of Dzeko. Maybe add Barkley to the squad too.

Clearly Richards, Lescott, Boyata leaving will ut us into a position where we have to sign home grown players. If we do it I would like if we'd done it by signing some good players with potential instead of just another deadwood players.

Its better to have that 25 man squad, especially for us as we dont really have those youngsters that could be thrown in easily in serious PL games if we need to do it.

But also for CL, you need some list with 4 home grown players, and that is some tougher rule where only Hart, Richards counts as home grown and the likes of Guidetti, Boyata if both will leave we have to go iwth a 23 man squad in CL or put in some youngsters that will never play anyway in CL.

sam-caddick said:
Kun Aguero said:
Sam you have too many non home grown players.

How many do I need?

It's hard this squad building.

Forget the home grown you have 18 non home grown players over 21 you need to lose 1 to leave 17. The rest of your squad can be home grown or under 21. The under 21 players aren't registered but if they are a regular part of your playing squad then you won't need 8 home grown players because you probably don't need a 25 man squad.
For me I would lose Casillas and get either a HG or a young under 21 keeper. It is hard the squad building , still working on mine.

get rid of Dzeko, Garcia, Rodwell, Richards, Boyata, Barry, Lescott, kolorov Richard Wright and Sinclair (though i know in reality we are probably stuck with dzeko and garcia for at least another season :-(

Goalkeepers
Hart
Pants
Young English Keeper

Defenders

Zabba
Vinny
Nastasic
Mangala (?)
MDM - if we could get rid of him and another decent centre half who would be happy with a squad role then I would get rid asap but its doubtful
Rekik - not seen enough of him to know if he would make it or not??????
Young left back as understudy to clichy
Clichy

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Milner - I would literally keep him because of his versatility but I dont think he is good enough at the highest level
Navas
Fernando(?)
Nasri

Forwards

Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo
Need to add a forward in the aguero mold

That would be 21 - possibly add lopez to the first team squad as well

We need:
A world class two footed centre half.
A world class DM - so we can rotate and keep players fresh.
A world class AM as good as Silva - so we can rotate and keep players fresh.
A world class striker - who isn't injured for half the season
A better left back.

A new medical team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.