Squad Numbers - 2011/12

Dont think squad numbers need to be confirmed until the end of the month, no doubt if there are any changes people will be on here crying about their shirt number changing that they had put on based on last years numbers.

interestingly I saw at some point in the middle of last season, that the OS had a link to buy the goalie shirt with Hart (1) on the back. very odd considering given was still on the books. thought it might have been a mistake but was there for about a month. surprised no one noticed but didn't see anything on here and at the time couldn't be bothered to post Haha.

I've been wondering for a few days now whether certain players (most notably Hart) have actually requested to keep their current numbers simply because of the exposure they've had so far with the present ones. I'd say even non-City fans know that Hart plays with number 25 on now (or a lot of them do) and the very uniqueness of not being a number 1 may be seen as a method of getting increased publicity. Similarly with other players who are increasingly known for the numbers they played in last year.

Or maybe they'll all just switch when the teams are confirmed on September 1st. Who really knows?

in one of the videos of a photoshoot on the official site (can't remember which one) Hart says he likes being number 25.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 am --<br /><br />actually it's the membership video that's on the DVD you get with your season ticket.

he puts his finger up and says "number one", but then adds "does it matter that i prefer being 25?" then some off camera asks him something and he replies "yeah, i wont change."

Goo said:
interestingly I saw at some point in the middle of last season, that the OS had a link to buy the goalie shirt with Hart (1) on the back. very odd considering given was still on the books. thought it might have been a mistake but was there for about a month. surprised no one noticed but didn't see anything on here and at the time couldn't be bothered to post Haha.

Wasn't that his England GK shirt? There was a link to that at one stage

Might be worth noting United had some changes in their numbers from last week (Evans to 6, Cleverly to 23) so there's a chance City might have a few changes tonight.

When nasri signs, I think he'll go with the 27. I guess he'd prefer 10 or 8, but unless Dzeko swaps to 9 or SWP goes, which looks increasingly unlikely, I think he'll pick 27 as now Jo's left it's unused and nasri formerly weared 27 whilst at Marseille. I guessed that Aguero would take up 16, so I think there could be a very good chance this happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.