Squad rotation for the run in.

We want to win every single game in every single competition, and even in a normal season that means rotation. This season we need to heavily rotate and anyone who thinks we don't need to and can just start the same 11 in every game is a buffoon.
Even more of a buffoon would be someone seemingly not seeing there is an array of options between zero and eight rotatees.

Last edited:
I understand that the cups meaning has diminished. I also understand that they are behind the league and CL in priority. If that is the case then play the kids and get knocked out early.

You don't talk all season about winning everything and essentially throw the FA semi and league cup final. If the fact has only just been realised that everything comes to a head in April/May this season we must be run by a bunch of clowns

It‘s mainly people outside the club who have talked about winning everything. And I’ll take you up on your “bunch of clowns“ comment. We are most certainly not run by clowns.

However, your underlying point is well worth consideration. The Carabao Cup is Micky Mouse - let’s be honest. The FA Cup still has cachet but nowhere as near as much as the PL and CL. We’ve seen the relentless pressure of fighting on four fronts (on top of international demands of our players).

While we remain serious contenders for PL and CL - which I hope will be for some seasons to come - I’d be content for both domestic cups to be overtly earmarked for squad members and youngsters... all the way through.

It can be tempting to throw star players into the latter stages, but less so if you’ve set set your stall out clearly.

I have no issue with pep rotating players but it was the amount in one go and players like Mendy , Torres and sterling who have hardly played and been out of form and the weird Rodri and Fernandinho hybrid that hung Kev out to dry? Too many changes by far with non form players in a system we don’t normally play equals what we seen yesterday!! It was a cup semi final FFS!

I think you`re forgetting it was the quadruple chance too.

Hang on, are you saying "good" is worse than "average"?
Not really. I meant above the individual player's average. Which differs par player.

But you are right, my change of standard in the 2 paragraphs wias poor and confusing.

The first paragraph was a general standard. The second personal to the player. I made the switch subconsciously.

Squad rotation has just been cancelled , we need to play our strongest team for the next 3 or 4 league games and wrap this title up , maybe we can make one or two changes , but swapping 5,6 ,8 players from game to game has to stop , lets stop taking the piss and put the Rags in their place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.